cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Unusual Pendant

I bought this unusual but very attractive pendant at an estate sale. The ornate bail really attracted my attention. It was on a very delicate vintage looking 12k gold fill chain. I'll greatly appreciate all feedback. As always, TIA!IMG_2479.JPGIMG_2482.JPGIMG_2491.JPGIMG_2492.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Help With Unusual Pendant

This is a crazy answer, but it looks like millefiori beads fuzed together, but instead of slices of millefiori off of a cane, the glassmaker turned them sideways.  Hey, I told you it would be a crazy answer Smiley Very Happy!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

WOW! Sounds like a pretty involved process. At least you have an idea of what it might be, peddler. As for me...I didn't have a clue. lol
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I think "millefiori" would be the key word with this interesting pendant, no matter how it's made Smiley Happy.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It is interesting.  At first glance..colors reminded me of 'something' from Italy or Mexico that I saw online ..kinda like this  from  The Culture of The Sun

solrayos3.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I agree with Dream about the construction and think Sarah pin pointed the origin as Italy.  I love the bail.  In your first picture it looks like some of the old Czech brass enameled findings.  However, looking at your last picture I see the red is actually faceted , I assume glass, stones in a dog tooth setting.  Very nice piece and as you said, totally unusual.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you all for the fantastic feedback I have always received. VERY much appreciated! 

Should I list as Auction or Buy It Now?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

My personal preference is to run new items at least twice in auction format with a buy it now before going for the fixed price with a make an offer.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

For something that is unusual, and I can't find a comparable for, I will run it first as an auction without a BIN, then put it on for a fixed price with a make an offer.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply