cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think this is Haskell, Demario maybe or someone else?

Hi,

Got this lovely brooch and earring set yesterday - all unsigned.   The filigree setting on the brooch is made up of 2 pieces and the piece with the pin on it is glued to the base that has beads wired onto it.   Hope that makes sense.

The look of the pieces makes me think Haskell or Demario.  Not sure about the gluing though?

Would be glad to hear your thoughts. 🙂

20220412_094320.jpg20220412_094337_LI.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

BTW, I circled a spot on the back where you can see glue.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The ear clip pieces are also glued on to the filigree ruffle base that the beads and rhinestones are wired onto.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's nearly impossible to authenticate Haskell by pictures.  Your pretty set sure looks like it could be Haskell, but so many people copied her style and there are many makers who use filigree backs.  Morning Glory Antiques has a comprehensive section on Haskell you'll be lost in for days 😀.  You might also search for those pinkish discs to see if Haskell ever used those.  I'm afraid I can't comment about DeMario because I haven't had enough of their pieces to make a comparison.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

My 2 cents worth, based on all of the hot glue that I think I see thru the back, is they are a 80's or 90's repro. A lot of people were making vintage looking jewelry during that time. I have gotten a couple of brooches in jewelry lots that had the hot glue holding them together. Still pretty to wear, just not as old as they want us to think.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply