cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do gold and gemstone earrings sell?

Hi there fellow group members!

So now I am looking at my stash of earrings. I must have well over 100 maybe even 200 pairs.

Mostly 10 and 14k, some with stones like topaz, citrine, garnets, small diamonds, sapphires, coral etc etc and lots and lots of pearl earrings.

Mostly  around 2 to 4 grams, some possibly heavier. I just hate to scrap earrings. 

No "show stoppers". 

Omega backs, regular pierced back, screw backs, threaders, clip on. 

These are not the greatest earrings in the world but  they are gold with real stones so I wonder if these actually sell out there in the second hand market place?

If you would share your observations and experience selling earrings I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Do gold and gemstone earrings sell?

IMG_0002 (5).JPG

I am attaching a picture of some of the earrings. 

Not the greatest earrings but not that bad either. Whenever I bought a pair of gold earrings over the years at the bazaars, thrifties,  etc.  I would just toss them into my stash and forget about them, basically.

So I am wondering if it is worth doing these as individual listings. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I just did a quick glance at Buy Now 14k gemstone earrings  USA Solds..I see some nice prices!! 

Dunno if these pages pull up for ya this way or not....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=14+gold+and+gemstone+earrings&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&LH_Pr...

10K not too shabby either

I wouldn`t be afraid of listing them..you`ve got some nice ones there! 😀

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l2632&_nkw=10k+gold+gemstone+earring...

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I agree with what Sarah said.

I haven't sold any of my "real" gold and gemstone items here yet, but am getting ready to try a few.  Let me know how it works out for you.  I saw a couple two or three earrings in that lot I wouldn't mind owning ... if I wasn't down sizing myself.

Good luck.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I also see some nice pairs 💛

Out of curiosity, I see a lot of the South Asian earrings but have no idea how they are marked. If yours are marked would love to see 😀

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks so much Sarah, Sandy and OCN.

I  took the plunge and listed a pair this morning. (elsewhere not here)

They sold pretty quickly.

Peridot  6mm studs, 14k,  priced at $70 (Canadian).

So I guess that answers the question. Yes, they do sell. I was quite surprised. 

OCN, I will get back to you re the marks.  I have had a long day and have a bit of a headache. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply