cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid Shot Eye Candy Wednesday

The shots are becoming available.  Get 'em when you can and show some eye candy while you're waiting.  Or waiting for the side effects to wear off.  Keep the images smaller to speed loading and as always no live auctions. 

These three are from a jewelry/antique store trip last weekend.  The first one I snagged because it was cannetille and had a tube hinge, damage or no damage. (the clasp broke off and took some bits with it) But whoops.  Dutch provincial?  Nope - reliably informed that it came from what used to be the Yugolsavian part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire or close enough.  And it's old for sure.  The necklace isn't marked.  The dragon is an older JJ.  

East Adriatic region, and OLDEast Adriatic region, and OLDThe mystery necklaceThe mystery necklaceJJJJ

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Covid Shot Eye Candy Wednesday

Ruth, very nice scores indeed! That blue necklace is just the kind of thing to wear to get one's first jab. 😁

Great news! My husband is going for his first shot this morning! I am booked for Sat. but it is AstraZeneca and frankly I am terrified about all the news re the clots in Europe so am thinking of waiting it out for longer and getting one of the others. I am so conflicted/confused. 

Here are a few goodies:

This one found a new home last week and the buyer is thrilled with it and left a wonderful review.

So that makes me very happy.

IMG_1185.JPG

Maybe one of the side effects of the jab will be that I grow more ears. 

That would be useful! 

If only I had more ears!If only I had more ears!

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Love the dragon and that necklace is a stunner.  

Arlene, don't know about AstraZeneca.  I got the Pfizer and had no problems.  A little sore arm, but no extra ears.  By the way that ring is gorgeous. 

These went out the door this month.

SB4837-1.JPG

West Germany

UB885 (1).jpg

Unsigned 

UB4564 (6).JPG

Intaglio Bracelet - unsigned  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Sandy, I love that unsigned intaglio bracelet. Gorgeous!

Thanks for the reassurance Sandy re the vaccine! 

My husband had the AstraZeneca shot about an hour ago and is feeling just fine. YAY!

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

@arlene_v  my husband and I received the AstraZeneca Vaccine last Thursday and no real side effects beyond a soreness in the injection area the next day. We fell in the 55 to 65 age range and received at a Pharmacy.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

I got Pfizer; we Yanks don't get AZ.  

Just as well I didn't get to that West German set before the buyer did.  I wouldn't mind having that either.  

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

B5A42AFE-5210-4A78-921A-488FBEAD875E.jpeg    

Halfway between Moderna doses 1 and 2 here in Georgia!  

I don’t recall ever having posted any “Eye Candy Wednesday” pics, but here are a few pieces...lmk if you’d like more info on them (all are already sold!)

16C8E110-3D34-41B3-A708-B4DC41A3C4E5.jpeg272B404A-929A-415C-ACD6-079BAF33B5F1.jpeg

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Just popped in to say "Hi" to everyone. It has been awhile and I hope all is well. Lets see if I can post a pic correctly =). 

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Good to see you 💚 💙 💜

Here's your lovely set 🙂

1617823745542.jpg

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

DFS, what absolutely exquisite antique jewelry.  One almost never sees such pieces anymore.

I would love to hear more about them.

Sheila, great to see you posting again!   Very nice set. 

OCN, thanks so much for that reassurance.  I am so glad you both got the jab and are feeling well. 

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Hey Sheila 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

DFS,  Your pieces really are exquisite like Arlene says.  

Arlene,   Just wanted to let you know I got my first vaccine today,   Pfizer here in coastal South Carolina.  I was concerned about it too,  with it being rushed and me having a bad reaction to a flu vaccine once.  

I decided to conquer my fears and go for it because of what happened to my family and now my Moms lifelong best friend lost her husband to Covid.  Of course I thought of you and your family.  I’m about to travel with my parents and  I couldn’t live with myself if I gave it to my Dad who is high risk with Diabetes. 

Plus....when I was growing up they made us get vaccines and nothing crazy happened there.  No extra earlobes.  🤣😂🤣  It just seemed like the right thing to do. 

Happy to report,  it wasn’t bad at all and I seem to be well a few hours later.  

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Just in case anyone's wondering, the mystery choker has been confirmed as Schreiner.  Some other joolies took one look and YEP.  

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Dana, thanks so much. I am sorry to hear that  your mom's best friend's husband passed away from Covid19 as well. This has been such a sad and cruel virus. 

The hope that comes with the vaccinations is almost palpable. I am so pleased you are vaccinated now and can feel relief from worrying.

I am aching to go to South Africa to see my family and to hug my dad and sister again, and to scatter my mother's ashes with the family.

I spoke to my brother in law who is a doctor in South Africa. He told me that the  AZ vaccination  is useless against the variant of Covid19  in South Africa and  has been discontinued for use there.

Pfizer and the J&J vaccination are in use in SA against the variant. I will have to wait for a while before I even think of going to South Africa and will need to get the correct jab. 

Ruth. Excellent score! Whoooohooo!  It just screams quality. 

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Arlene,  

I’m sure you are.   Plus I’m sure your family wants to hug you as well.   All good things in all good time. We are going on a quick trip to visit our family and I’m sure we will go to the gravesites for the first time too,  since Mom and I always do that anyways,  something her Mom passed on to us,  respect your loved ones that have passed.  

My cousin up there is also a doctor and she said Pfizer or Moderna are the way to go.   She also said she wasn’t treating anyone for Covid right now,  which is a relief compared to around Christmas when she had 38 people on ventilators.  

Take care of yourself. 

Love, 

Dana 

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

I've been with the grandkids all week 🤣 and I'm just now catching up with this thread.  So many beauties in one thread!  Happy to see these gorgeous pieces are still out there!

My intention was to spend a quiet day at home hopefully listing a few items when a friend texted and said I had to get over to an estate sale she just left because it had lots of jewelry.  I'm not a big fan of estate sales and this was the 2nd afternoon of the sale, but it only took me a second to jump out of my sweats and into jeans.  Haha!  There was quite a bit of jewelry left and the house was crammed with quality antiques.  I did pick up some nice pieces and the prices were decent.  Tomorrow I'm going back for the antiques when they drop the prices.   

Here's what I picked up today.  The beauty in the center is Ciner and several other pieces are marked as well.  Some aren't marked.  The silvertone Tic Tac Toe brooch is swan signed Swarovski:

4-10-21-1.JPG

She sure liked big, bold, Etruscan style clip-on earrings:

4-10-21-2.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 15 of 33
latest reply