cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you identify these beads? What do you think? TIA!

Well, it killed me to pay $12 for these, but I haven't seen anything like them.  They are very heavy, and a long strand.  The clasp is marked "sterling" on both sides, but doesn't seem right for the large strand.  Knotting looks newer.  I have googled for hours, referred to my reference books, nada.  Do you think they are Czech, Italian, or Japanese?

Thanks for your insight.

Beads Blue 1 (640x541).jpgBeads Blue 3 (480x640).jpg

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Can you identify these beads? What do you think? TIA!

Are they glass?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I have a large selection  of these beads my guess is they are Czech glass however I bought them because they were said to be Swarovski crystal beads.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I googled "Antique Fancy Faceted Barrel Beads" and a lot of the results were less than appropriate but did find some similar.

"Faceted Czech Crown Cathedral Beads" has what looks like the same ends but the facets are different.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I agree that they look Czech. I keep up with a Czech company called Pegaso Productions and these look like beads they could have made. Very interesting beads!

A.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Searching Cathedral Barrel Givre Window Beads brought these up.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Cathedral%20barrel%20Givre%20window%20beads&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-...

I too think these are Czech.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Found these while looking for something else. Look to be the same thing you have. For info only. Sold item.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102732773/15-vintage-pink-givre-grayish-lavender?show_sold_out_detail=1
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Those are so pretty!  The ends remind me of honeycombs

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Wow, thank you all, you guys are the MASTERS!  Sandy, some of those beads look just like mine!  Thank you again!

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply