cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Juliana question

This brooch felt special the moment I picked it up.  Excellent quality and blinding blue AB stones.  I've listed it twice with no takers, but a search of the "Is It Juliana?" website turned up a square one with a lot of similar characteristics.  If it is Juliana, I think it would help sell it the next time I list.  What do you think?  I also want to thank Karla and Paula for providing a valuable resource for the study of this amazing jewelry!  The search feature is a tremendous help!

bluerhinestonepin2.jpg

bluerhinestonepin3.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Another Juliana question

The rivets looks right. 

http://imageevent.com/kjwshopping/detrainingalbums/derivets;jsessionid=26799821f1.camel_s

Take a look here

http://imageevent.com/kjwshopping/detrainingalbums/figure8training/iamfigure8s

I can't tell for sure, but I think I see a couple of the small chatons on the outside edge with the three prongs.

It is a pretty brooch.  I can't say for sure, but think it has great possiblities.  Smiley Happy

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for responding and for the links, Sandy!  After reading the butterfly thread, I realized there's a big difference between making a comparison and verifying something.  It takes expert eyes to pick up on subtle differences and similarities in order to confirm a piece.  Appreciate your help as always!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

This brooch is interesting. The rivets look like they are being used to attach a rhinestone circle above a circle of larger rhinestones. I am not sure if D&E did this. I have seen rivets used for attaching bead dangles and florets. Maybe a side view of the brooch might show more of the connection between the layers?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Right you are, OCN.  There is a raised tier in the center that would explain the rivets.  I'm asking about this brooch because after doing a search for blue brooches on the above mentioned site, a square one with similar stones and construction popped up on the first page.  I was a bit surprised because I was thinking my brooch might have been unsigned Weiss, but after seeing the one on the website... ?  Thanks for the observation!

bluerhinestonepin4.jpg

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi dream*peddler - definitely D&E Juliana - Book Piece - "Juliana Reference" by Pitman Pg.294.  Good eye.  Congrats!

times

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Wahooooo!  There you go Dream.  Congrats!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Congratulations Dream 🙂

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

times, thanks so much for responding to this thread and providing confirmation on the brooch!  If it weren't for the "Is It Juliana" website, I don't think I would have persued this Smiley Wink.  Sandy and OCN, thanks so much for providing your knowledge, experience and willingness to help a fellow joolie.  I want to be one of you when I grow up!  And for all those who didn't bid on this the first two times, the price just went up!  LOL!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This was a chance to learn for me. The rivet looked correct but I had forgotten about them being used for layers. Probably because being extremely visual I had not seen an example of an entire layer attached by rivets like this. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@dream*peddler wrote:

Right you are, OCN.  There is a raised tier in the center that would explain the rivets.  I'm asking about this brooch because after doing a search for blue brooches on the above mentioned site, a square one with similar stones and construction popped up on the first page.  I was a bit surprised because I was thinking my brooch might have been unsigned Weiss, but after seeing the one on the website... ?  Thanks for the observation!

I missed this brooch when I first went looking. It also has two rivets 🙂

http://isitjulianajewelry.com/view.php?id=248

Message 11 of 11
latest reply