cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Chanel purse

Could you please help me identify this vintage purse. 

I tried to upload an image, but it didn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0qk27hw6uusetfjmfmduw/IMG_2793.heic?rlkey=cgs16ko74r1533ewc4ay9q2ub&d... 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Vintage Chanel purse

It's pretty doubtful that anyone can help you identify an item without a picture.

And most of us are too cautious to click on an unknown link. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

I did click the link but one picture is all I'm seeing. It's certainly not enough to authenticate a bag (if someone knows Chanel). Before being identifed, it would need to be confirmed as authentic. 

Now that Etinceler is out of business (as the authenticators have retired), I don't know who to recommend for Chanel professional authentications.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

Thanks for responding. I wasn’t able to upload pictures, so I added just one on Dropbox. I have more pictures.
I got a notification that I’m not allowed to upload pictures when I tried to paste one in the body of the message. When I click on the camera icon,  it doesn’t give me an option to upload. Is it because I’m new on eBay, or something else is wrong?

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

You should be able to upload pictures if they're jpg or png. 

WHen you click the camera icon at the top of the reply box, you should get a screen like the following. 

Once the upload(s) completes, click "done" and they should be embedded into the post. 

Then click the reply button. 

add photos to community 1.pngadd photos to community 2.png

albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

The problem is, when I click on the camera icon, I don’t get that screen. This is what I get:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/unmap7636vde7jsgtml5h/IMG_0122.PNG?rlkey=di75l85z7ow7xkexfel31igx7&dl...

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

Hi @albertabrightalberta and @soh.maryl . Because @vintagey2kglam is new to community, s/he will not be able to upload photos directly. This is because spammers ruined it for all the newbies (source).

Until a poster has established themself here on Community, they have to host photos externally and post links. OP (original poster) did what they need to do and posted that link.

Dropbox is one of the sites I'd recommend, along with Google Photos, Imgur, etc.

This is the photo linked above. I expect you'll need more than just one photo to ID and authenticate.

vintagey2kglam-bag.jpeg

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

@wastingtime101 

Will the OP be able to embed images from one of those outside hosting sites or will they have to be outside links that we have to click? That can be dangerous (though I did click the OP's link) and some posters won't click on outside links. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

@albertabrightalberta  using links is an only option for me now.  I’m not allowed to upload photos from any source. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

@vintagey2kglam 

I'll embed your images. I'm not a Chanel expert and I hope there's a real expert who can chime in but I have a couple of observations which I'll post in a while. 

Does your bag have a hologram with a serial number? 

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.32.16 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.32.48 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.33.05 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.33.29 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.33.49 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.34.06 AM.png

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

Hi @vintagey2kglam Can you copy and paste a screen snip?  Do you know how to get a screen snip?  

tenbigdogs_0-1714885063108.png

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

Again, I'm hopeful someone who knows Chanel will opine however I'm doubtful of authenticity. But please wait because I'd love to be wrong! 

1. I can't find that style in quilted though I did find it in a sort-of pebbled/textured leather.

2. The lining isn't the same as the lining on comps. 

3. The CC logo and the "CHANEL" name on the front appear to be in the wrong fonts and the turnlock is different from the comp

4. The interior patch on the comps is leather vs. yours being metal

Here are some comps showing what I believe to show big differences: 

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.45.53 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.52.48 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 12.51.27 AM.png

albertabrightalberta

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

@tenbigdogs wrote:

Hi @vintagey2kglam Can you copy and paste a screen snip?  Do you know how to get a screen snip?  

@tenbigdogs 

I don't think that would work so I opened the dropbox links and screenshotted the images. I embedded them above your post. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Vintage Chanel purse

Hi @tenbigdogs I tried to past an image in the body of the message, it doesn’t work 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply