cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prada sneakers made in Vietnam

I've been searching all over for some info regarding Prada manufacturing their shoes in Vietnam. I've caame across some forums we're people are saying this is true but haven't found any real concrete proof to go by.

Reason I ask this is because I sold a friend of mines Prada sneakers that he hardly worn. Now I normally don't wear Prada myself but I know for a fact that these same shoes were purchased at Neiman Marcus which is a high end reputtable seller because I was with him the day of the purchase. The buyer received the shoes and is now telling me that the shoes are fake because they say "Made in Vietnam" and not Italy.

I've been selling on Ebay for close to 10 years now with hardly any issues. I do not wear, purchase nor sell counterfit items and I do not want this customer feeling like he has been ripped off by me. I hope someone can give me some info on this and hopefully some links to go by as well. Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Prada sneakers made in Vietnam

Send your buyer to this thread and you can have them check out my history on posting on footwear and will hopefully see that I'm probably the most frequent responder on designer shoes around here beside having posted numerous times that I wear Prada footwear. YES, Prada makes their rubber soled footwear including their sneaks and ballets in Viet Nam and China. I wear them and it drove me nuts the first time I pulled out the insole and saw the font but they're still Prada and incredibly comfortable so I'm over it. If that's not good enough for your buyer, have them spend $7.50 and go to authenticate4u where they'll be told exactly the same thing. You can look up their website. They are a legally accepted authenticator to the best of my knowledge and most people on the boards recommend them. Sorry that you have to deal with this but in all fairness it drove me nuts the first time I learned it too although respectfully, it's been years already and people buying Prada casuals should know it by now.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

BTW if the shoes were the white Prada sneaks they were correctly listed as made in Vietnam so I have no clue what the buyer's problem is. If you had listed them as made in Italy IMO your buyer would have had a legit reason for a return although the shoes would still be authentic Prada.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes, to piggyback off of what "jsales0" said, they do make some in Vietnam.  Anyone would assume that, based on the price point and the name, they would be made in Italy but that is not the case always. With that being said, there's a difference between poorly made shoes made in these countries vs well made ones, such as PRADA.  The next time your friend is near a store have him look inside a pair of sneakers.....he would be surprised! 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi there.  I have a pair of Parada America's Cup that I purchased from Nordstrom Last Chance in Phoneix and I took them into a regular Nordstrom store and had a sales person check them out to ensure they are authentic. He confimed that they are and that they would not have passed quality check to be sold at Last Chance otherwise. I have listed these shoes and the tags say they are a size 10. I have been receiving questions about if this is size 10 US or UK. I had assumed US since they were purchased in the US.  Would you know how these Paradas are sized?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Prada men's are sized UK
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I am  from  Colombia  and  I  have  Prada brought in  Italy  and  say  Made  in  Vietnam

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yes, indeed some Prada sneakers are now being made in Viet Nam. I bought some at the Prada store in Orlando. I was told that the upper was fabric made in Italy and that the technology for the soles is in Viet Nam. Hah! Inside the shoe, it only says "Made in Viet Nam." At first, I had been assured they were made in Italy. When I went to return them, they at first refused to take them back because I had worn them. After an hour in the store, they let me return them when I also pointed out they must have been "seconds" because of the irregularity in the design placement between the two shoes. Mauch hassle, but I prevailed. That would be the day that I would spend $730 plus tx for a pair of sneakers made in Viet Nam, regardless of the name on them. My Guccis, Lanvins, LV, and other Pradas all made in Italy. Newer Pradas made in Viet Nam and Sketchers are just as good .

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Welcome to the boards but we respectfully ask you NOT to bump old threads. Conversations here are current but old threads remain available for our own personal research. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply