cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Coach real? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is this Coach real? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

@alwaysbedaddysgirl

You'll need a clear close up pic of the creed patch.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!  I'll see if I can get one.  My daughter sent these to me. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes this bag is authentic.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@jojo363 wrote:

Yes this bag is authentic.

@jojo363 -  I respectfully suggest before you authenticate items for others,  you verify authenticity of your own items before selling them. That wallet you sold on Sept. 9 wasn't made by Coach!

@alwaysbedaddysgirl - I'm pretty sure of authenticity of your bag but to be sure, please post a picture of the creed as suggested by @decorating_is_my_game

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for answering! My daughter has decided to pass on this one.  I did let her know that better pictures are a must.  Thanks again to all of you!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta - Noted.
I own over 200 authentic Coach purses and not one is fake. I have even purchased Coach bags sold as knockoffs and knew, however, that they were not.
However, I do not own many wallets and never professed to be an authority on those. That is why I took a lot of pics for my listing and gave a very detailed description of it, but did not guarantee its authenticity. Returns are always allowed via eBay's policy. I appreciate your help not only to my matter but to all those others that you have helped by posting answers to their questions.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@jojo363 wrote:
@albertabrightalberta - Noted.
I own over 200 authentic Coach purses and not one is fake. I have even purchased Coach bags sold as knockoffs and knew, however, that they were not.
However, I do not own many wallets and never professed to be an authority on those. That is why I took a lot of pics for my listing and gave a very detailed description of it, but did not guarantee its authenticity. Returns are always allowed via eBay's policy. I appreciate your help not only to my matter but to all those others that you have helped by posting answers to their questions.

You're welcome. I have a couple of comments.

You said: "That is why I took a lot of pics for my listing and gave a very detailed description of it, but did not guarantee its authenticity."

The fact: It's irrelevant whether you use "authentic" in the listing or not, whether you "guarantee authenticity" or not or if you say nothing. The law (and as such, ebay policy) requires that ALL items be authentic or they can't be listed or sold anywhere. 

You said: "Returns are always allowed via eBay's policy"

The fact: I looked at your listings and you have a no-return policy. So if an item is as described, you are within your rights not to accept a return and ebay has backed its sellers.

If you sell a SNAD item, ebay won't back you though and that's the issue here. But the problem is that many buyers don't know they've received a fake, thus they don't know to open a dispute. And it appears such is the case with that wallet. 

ALthough the listing appears to have been removed, I can see that the buyer left positive feedback which indicates that she's not aware that she bought and received an illegal fake. And without that knowledge, she certainly won't get a refund. 

Personally, if I were advising you, I'd recommend letting the buyer know that you just learned you unknowingly sold a fake, apologize profusely and issue refund. Let her dispose of the wallet without a return.

My advice for the future, is for items you didn't personally purchase directly from legitimate retailers (and that doesn't mean thrift stores and ebay), get them authenticated BEFORE listing. Even honest sellers err and the damage to your account and/or reputation can be painful. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 8
latest reply