cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON bag?

My husband & I have collected tons of stuff over 20+ years and while cleaning out a pile in our basement I came across this. I actually gasped when I found it then quickly figured it has to be fake and put it aside. But, I have a nagging feeling I need to check and see if it is real. I've done my own research on online on how to tell if it's a fake and I'm starting to wonder if it is really is real based on what I read. I'd like you all to give me your thoughts. I took a lot of photos and hope that is ok as I didn't want to miss anything important. One marking I didn't find on the bag was a number but I read at one point the bags were made without the number so that is why there isn't a photo of that. Let me know what you think and my next step will be to get a professional to look at it online. Thanks again for your time.

I'll add more photos below if it will allow me. I've never done this before.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON bag?

It is definitely counterfeit. Sorry. Please heavily mark it on the interior with permanent marker so no one ever gets hurt by it and use it for storage of small items.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

more photos -

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I forgot to add it measures 12 1/2 inches across & 12 inches down. I'm suspect it's a carrier bag or travel bag. .
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Without being a Louis Vuitton expert, it looks too badly made & horribly stamped + totally wrong font & spacing to be authentic.  Please wait for @jsales0  to confirm.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

thank you very much. I assumed it was old but I agree I see many flaws.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It is definitely counterfeit. Sorry. Please heavily mark it on the interior with permanent marker so no one ever gets hurt by it and use it for storage of small items.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you & thank you for the suggestion of marking it fake. I would not have thought of that. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply