cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"POTTERY RAVI"??? Help Please to Identify the Maker of this Stylized Ceramic Horse Teapot

Hi All!

Happy New Year!

Looking to the wizards here for help in identifying the maker of this whimsical horse teapot.  I've zero information about it because I found it!!   I also can find no information on google.  Seems to be in excellent condition.

The word "Pottery" is clear but what comes after, not so much.  What is clear is that it isn't "Barn."

Love everybody in this forum.  You've helped so many times.   Looking forward to hearing things this time, too!

Who dat horse??  🙂

TIA

Mia

Pottery Rav horse teapot (2).jpegPottery Rav horse teapot (1).jpegPottery Rav horse teapot (4).jpegPottery Rav horse teapot (3).jpegPottery Rav horse teapot (5).jpeg

Pottery Rav horse teapot (6).jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: "POTTERY RAVI"??? Help Please to Identify the Maker of this Stylized Ceramic Horse Te

Looks like Pottery Rowe ? maybe ? Roma ?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: "POTTERY RAVI"??? Help Please to Identify the Maker of this Stylized Ceramic Horse Te

Pottery Ponys?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Scratch that, senior moment. That type of applied decoration is often referred to as “spaghetti” not sure if that might help with your search. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Looks like Pottery Rowe ? maybe ? Roma ?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No help at all from me, but I love it, so unusual.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Gwen, you hit the nail on the head with Pottery Rowe.  I did not realize till today when a friend found the signature of the piece to be that of  Melvin D. Rowe of Pottery Rowe.  The reason it didn't register the other day is because I looked at Pottery Rowe but I was looking for another piece with whimsical features, spaghetti effect, very colorful, etc., but did not find one.  However, the signature on my teapot is the same as the signature on this piece clearly identified, here on eBay, so your suggestion was correct after all!  https://www.ebay.com/itm/235357810589

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Glad I could help. 🙂

Message 7 of 7
latest reply