Did you mean: 

Can someone please give me a way to get a price for this

Can someone please 20210807_174050.jpg20210807_174054.jpg20210807_174058.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can someone please give me a way to get a price for this

I'd google and start with 'Shane'. Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'd google and start with 'Shane'. Good luck.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

S. Shane, E. Dimmick

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, Google is your friend

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@sooke11 

I believe the artist is this Shane Dimmick:

https://www.shanedimmick.com/

and

https://faso.com/artists/shanedimmick.html

She is a wildlife artist, the style and technique look like hers, and other examples of her work seem to be signed as yours is.  You can confirm all  that with a Google image search.

The value of the piece you have will depend upon whether it is a single original work, a print, or a reproduction.  You will have to determine that, as it is impossible to say what you have based on the photos provided. 

The printed ©ANIMAL 1978 makes me think it may be a reproduction.

Have you taken it out of the frame, to look for other information which may be printed on it?

Have you looked at them through a loupe?   Did you see dots, which is what I suspect?  If it's a traditional, non-mechanical, lithograph, you'll see a sort of stippled pattern all over but any dots are rather small, vary somewhat in size, are in no set pattern.  If the dots are uniform in size and in a regular pattern, it's mechanical photo-offset lithograph, a mass-produced reproduction.

If you don't see dots with the loupe, what do you see?

+

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

i did look through a loop it has no dots but it appears to be a litho or something... but the signature is real it is in pencil - so that might help the price but i can not find others like it on the net

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Have you called any art galleries or high end auction houses?  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@sooke11 wrote:

i did look through a loop it has no dots but it appears to be a litho or something... but the signature is real it is in pencil - so that might help the price but i can not find others like it on the net

I saw several similar black and white prints from this artist.  Whether ot not you can find this exact piece, you can find comparables.  You can do the Google image search I suggested, click on the works that you find, and see some prices realized.   Here's a first, cursory search to get you started:

https://www.google.com/search?q=shane+dimmick+artist&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwil14vKt6Hy...

I did not check ArtNet and all the other sites for prices, because like most people here I never get into offering valuations, for all the good reasons which you can imagine.

I hope it does well for you.

=

Message 8 of 8
latest reply