cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bogus tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

i bought something back on the 8th all the seller did waa upload some bogus tracking info that has it sitting in the same spot its being sold from.ebay needs to do something about these shady sellers

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

bogus tracking

How precisely do you know the tracking number is bogus?  If the item hasn't arrived by the last day of the estimated delivery period you can file an INR dispute the following day.

As a seller yourself, I recommend that you review the terms of the MBG.  Sellers as well as buyers need to know them to protect their interests. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

As a seller, don't you realize how slow most services are right now? It's been on the news and here on the boards for months.

You should also realized that a seller can drop and item off and it doesn't always get an acceptance scan.

Threatening the seller with bad feedback obviously didn't work out in your favor, maybe you need learn patience.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

@Anonymous,

If this topic is about the  two items being shipped together the USPS tracking site shows the package was picked up April 9, and it is currently in Indianapolis with an expected delivery date of the 13th. There was an update on the USPS site yesterday  stating;  "In Transit, Arriving Late.... Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way".

eBay's tracking info is posted through Pitney Bowes a third party site and their info is not always correct. Sellers can't be held responsible for a shipper's delay.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

If the tracking # shows the package is in transit but delayed the issue is with the carrier not your seller.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

2 entire buiness days since you bought this package and your not a happy camper

I ship plenty of packages and and many scans just get shipped for a few days or almost a week

your buyer metrics are lacking...fixating on tracking will not usually improve them

maybe your sellers can sense the tone...good luck

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats not the one.but thats  also a good point. i paid I'm separate shipping for both them items for that guy to only stick it in one envlope? thats some messed up stuff 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

i bought it back on the 8th. on the 11th i sent a message asking why the tracking showed it at the same spot its being sold from. on the 12th i get this for a reply This item was shipped on 4/10/2021. Unfortunately tracking has not yet been updated (which we have no control over). I’m thinking it’s possibly due to not being open on yesterday and only updating in the afternoons on business days.. on the 13th i guess he finally goes and drops it off at the post office. real tracking number gets added wont be here til the 17th  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

no not that one but thats a good point. i paid a separate shipping.for both them items.so the seller could just put it in one package.i do also sell and when people buy more than one of my items i combine shipping to save them money.thats just good business practice but to each their own yo

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

@Anonymous wrote:

i bought it back on the 8th. on the 11th i sent a message asking why the tracking showed it at the same spot its being sold from. on the 12th i get this for a reply This item was shipped on 4/10/2021. Unfortunately tracking has not yet been updated (which we have no control over). I’m thinking it’s possibly due to not being open on yesterday and only updating in the afternoons on business days.. on the 13th i guess he finally goes and drops it off at the post office. real tracking number gets added wont be here til the 17th  

@Anonymous,

If you made the purchase after business hours on the 8th (seller's time zone) and the seller has a 1 day shipping time frame.  If they shipped (took it to the P.O.) on the Saturday the 10th, They did ship within their 1 day time frame. Many smaller P.O.s close early on Saturdays and are closed on Sundays so the package might not get scanned until the afternoon of Mon. the 13th. Some packages do not get an acceptance scan at all and may not update until it reaches a larger facility or is out for delivery. 

eBay's estimated delivery time frames are based on past seller performance, not on actual shipping service estimated time frames, and are not set in stone.  They also do not take into account that a localized weather event or Covid resurgence can cause delays.  You also need to take into consideration that many sellers even some fairly high volume ones, are only one or two person family run businesses, and because of that life can throw them curves.

"i paid I'm separate shipping for both them items for that guy to only stick it in one envlope? thats some messed up stuff".

eBay does not require that sellers get a combined shipping price when they sell multiple items.  Did you use the Request Total from seller option?  If you did not and paid the full price for both items, that was your fault.  Did you read through everything on the listing pages?  If you did and did not see any mention of the seller lowering prices for combined shipping, you should not have assumed that they would.  You could have messaged the seller about that.  The seller may have had instructions for getting a combined shipping discount and if you did not follow them, then that is on you. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

isn't that called integrity? im new here. i really didn't pay attention both them was. from the same. seller. I always ask my customers if they want me. to combine shipping and you know i have never had anyone reply with no don't combine shipping for me

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

@Anonymous wrote:

isn't that called integrity? im new here. i really didn't pay attention both them was. from the same. seller. I always ask my customers if they want me. to combine shipping and you know i have never had anyone reply with no don't combine shipping for me

@Anonymous,

You cannot judge other seller's way of doing business by the way you do things. 

When was the last time you sold anything?  Managed payments has changed many things, and many sellers are very uncomfortable with the 2 day Pending notice that shows up in Order histories, so they wait to ship. 

Partial refunds do not change the ebay 12.35% +.30 fee for the full transaction price.  So if you are asking buyers after you have been paid if they want combined shipping you will be losing some money. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

I would spend less time worrying about shady sellers (who don't sound shady to me at all) and a LOT of time reading up on Buying and Selling on eBay or you will have a very short career

You left a neutral to some poor seller because you paid 2 days ago and the dude sounds shady, get a GRIP

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

you reap what you sew. i only been here a little while and nothing but bad. i bought something else it said free shipping i bought it and was charged for shipping. i send the seller a message they said it was a special offer. i send ebay a a message and there's nothing they can do.  its nothing but a bunch of fraudulent sellers putting the screws to ya

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

bogus tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

but theres nothing wrong in all this however you can make a quick buck go for it?

Message 15 of 21
latest reply