cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won auction. Seller sent this: "I don't agree with the payment"

I won an auction that went from .99 to $9.00. I immediately paid then seller sent me 3 messages back to back...

"I don't agree with the payment", then sent...

"I'm not selling it for that price", then sent... 

"Get a refund from eBay because I am not selling this at that price
They should have told me whether or not I agree with the price"

I've never had this happen before. And he has other auctions starting at .99 too. What do I do here. I really want the item however it appears I'm not going to get it. Thank you in advance for any advice. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yikes, that seller is clueless!  You can't force him to ship the item. All you can do is wait until the day after the latest estimated delivery date, then file a claim for "Item not received" so you can get a refund.  Then you can leave feedback which calmly alerts potential buyers/bidders about this seller's unprofessional behavior.

Here's a link to eBay's buyer protection  policy, which they call the "Money Back Guarantee":

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@winter-fae wrote:

"Get a refund from eBay because I am not selling this at that price
They should have told me whether or not I agree with the price"

Seller Insurrection ?

Report ebay's valued seller for their seller refusal to complete the transaction.

Suggest ebay should & can impose some stricter sanctions so to motivate sellers to follow ebay policies.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, that sounds like the best option.  Since my post, I politely informed him of Auction policy and he told me.... "I dont need a lecture from you".   

I've never left Negative FB, but I am definitely going to alert potential buyers about him. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you! Where do I post the 'seller refusal to complete the transaction at'?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Do not leave feedback yet, the transaction is not yet over. Do it by the book, wait until you can file an item not received and do NOT communicate with them further.

This seller is beyond numb. You might not get the item but they will not be selling for long.

Stick it out and help rid ebay of sellers like this (which by the way, MOST are not like this).

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Contact customer support & report the seller for their refusal to complete the transaction in ebay messages.

Do not agree to cancel & receive a refund, that will take the seller off the hook.

Seller & ebay need to work out any issues & grievances between themselves.

Your position as a buyer is that you expect to receive the item purchased on or before the last estimated date for arrival.

Ebay hopefully will recognize a seller as either an asset or a liability

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Great advice, and thank you greatly, because I was about to give him 'the lecture he said he did't need from me'. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the info, I would have probably agreed to the cancellation just to get my money back, but I don't want him off the hook. I will hold tight until that delivery date passes. Thanks again for the great advice! 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Do not email the seller. It becomes a "truth or dare" thing.

If item doesn't arrive file an item nor received when it is suppose to be delivered.

Wait on feedback....you still made a purchase. I would wait until the cancellation or whatever seller decides to do.

To leave feedback...be honest...polite...and to the point....no nasty words or wordage or else eBay or the seller can have the feedback removed.....Words like "thief, lier, dishonest, fake, etc"...just to get the picture of nasty words.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@winter-fae wrote:

Thank you, that sounds like the best option.  Since my post, I politely informed him of Auction policy and he told me.... "I dont need a lecture from you".   

I've never left Negative FB, but I am definitely going to alert potential buyers about him. 

Plus he will get a defect on his selling account for the Item Not Received case.  A few of those and he will be gone for good.

-

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@winter-fae wrote:

Thank you! Where do I post the 'seller refusal to complete the transaction at'?

Please, as others have said, just wait until the last estimated delivery date has passed and open the Item Not Received case.  That will get you your refund with no hassle and that ding will hurt the seller the most.

-

Message 12 of 12
latest reply