cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange transaction with a seller, but not complaining. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I needed a golf towel for my golf bag.  I use 2, one wet and one dry.  My current ones are old and ragged so I decided to get some new ones.  There are literally millions of golf towels for sale, so very fungible item.  I am a little bit more particular about my towel I am going to get wet, but the dry towel doesn't matter as long as it is the color and size I like.

So I ordered one here on eBay.  I don't normally order from Chinese sellers, but again, this is a cheap, fungible product so no big deal.   The item I ordered is this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/333337747155?hash=item4d9c7a5ed3:g:YbEAAOSwCKddXU8f .  It says it ships from Kentucky, so fine.  Shortly after ordering the towel, say 90 minutes or so, I got an email from the seller.  The seller said  they were out of the blue towel, and wondered if I would be okay with grey or white.  I said no, I wanted blue, and if they were out, no problem, just refund my money and I would get it elsewhere.  About an hour after that, the seller emailed again and said they actually had now found the blue ones, and they would send it quickly.  Shortly after, it was marked as shipped and I got a tracking number.

On Friday, I received a package, opened it up and the golf towel was inside.  It was exactly what I was expecting and the right color.  Everything was good so I left positive feedback.  When I left feedback, I noticed that the tracking number showed it was still on the way rather than delivered, but who cares?

On Saturday, I received another package that looked very similar to the first, from the same seller.   Opened it and found the same towel along with a club cleaning brush.  This item here  https://www.ebay.com/itm/332966220304?hash=item4d86555210:g:hKcAAOSwTjJildsr .  Not sure why I got this but hey, no complaints.  I then noticed that tracking on the first towel still showed it had not been delivered yet.

Come home Monday to a small box from the same seller.  It contained this https://www.ebay.com/itm/332590872905?hash=item4d6ff5f949:g:h2oAAOSwPYFfR2zj .  I have never used or ordered one of these in my life, so no idea why I got this.  I won't be using it now, but I think my wife will like the sharpies.  Anyway, tracking finally shows delivered, so I think this was the item attached to the tracking number.  I am curious to get the mail tonight and see if anything else shows up.

I am maybe a bad person, but I am not going to spend the money to return cheap items I didn't order to begin with.  I will just keep them or give them away.  But this whole thing made me wonder if something like this  has happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Strange transaction with a seller, but not complaining. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Unfortunately, YES.  This has been happening to me all week.  I ordered a litter box, and it arrived to me from the Chewy company (which I didn't order from...)  Then I get a litter mat....that I didn't order.  Then a bag of cat food.  And today I get the litterbox again.  I think its some sort of brushing scam.  I'm not 100% but its really odd and frustrating.  I ironically had my bank info stolen a few days before the day I purchased and had a ton of fraud on my account from multiple locations.  The litterbox I paid for, but the other items were NOT charged to me at all.  I cannot figure it out.  If you find out, let me know!! BTW, did you use Apple Pay on your phone to purchase?  That's what I did and had to turn it off and cancel my cards.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply