cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales scam that gets around Ebay's Guarantee

I purchased a 4TB Solid Sate Disk Drive that was too good to be true. It is defective. It is actually a clever imitation that reports in properties to be as advertised but is actually about .1% of advertised size. The seller has agreed to except a return but will not pay shipping to China. I can't find any way to tell Ebay and get any support because the seller has agreed to a return. The return address is bogus and more than the cost of the item. I can't even rate the product because the seller was stalling me. Does anyone know how to contact Ebay?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@neilsenrm wrote:

The seller has agreed to except a return but will not pay shipping to China. I can't find any way to tell Ebay and get any support because the seller has agreed to a return. 

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in. 

Did you read the OP, @kensgiftshop? The seller has already accepted the return request, and now it is stalled because the seller cannot issue a prepaid return label to China.

ise710_0-1710924591374.jpeg

There is no "return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in" not now, not ever because OP is being told to type in a return tracking number. And if we tell OP to contact the seller for a return label, that won't work either.

Plus, OP's question was: "Does anyone know how to contact Ebay?" If your return hasn't already automatically closed @neilsenrm 

ise710_1-1710925235409.jpeg

Leave a private message here and tell eBay that you need a prepaid return label.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I did read it.

They don't say if they started a return or just contacted the seller?

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay issued a refund on the purchase. Thanks Ebay

Message 5 of 5
latest reply