cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a neg stick

I recently bought 2 Ruth's Chris gift cards here.  The cards were sent as e-cards, and after many tries to get though to Ruth's Chris, I finally was able to speak with a CS rep and they told me the cards were supposed to be physical cards, not e-cards, and the codes were 'compromised', i.e. no good.  The seller has had a ding previously for selling bad gift cards, I don't know if it's deliberate or if they are resellers and don't bother verifying them before selling them on.  Before I leave feedback, if I decide to leave a red donut, how can I make sure some ebay flunky doesn't elect to remove my feedback?  It would be something like 'Called Ruth's Chris to verify value on e-card; card invalid'.  I've seen a lot of people complain that their negatives have been removed without cause; I doubt all of them violated ebay's terms of use.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Making a neg stick

In order to make sure that a feedback is not removed, one needs to make sure that it violates none of eBay's feedback rules. 

Frankly, I'd be more concerned about getting my money back than leaving feedback.  However, since this is a digitally delivered item I believe that that may be an issue.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Making a neg stick

@airsheep wrote:

Before I leave feedback, if I decide to leave a red donut, how can I make sure some ebay flunky doesn't elect to remove my feedback?

You can't. eBay flunkies mistakenly remove valid feedback every day. And there's no way to reinstate it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply