cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much is the cost w/ tracking and without it?

I bought an item from Australia and I live in NY.

I paid $23 AUD for the item and $28 AUD for shipping cost, $4.3 AUD tax.

The seller marked shipped, but no tracking was provided.

I know I'm protected under MBG, but I'm a bit irritated not knowing when it will arrive.. 

In an archived thread related to no intl. tracking, someone replied mentioning that tracking increases the shipping cost thus the seller was trying to keep it low. but by how much? Isn't $20 USD plenty to cover that cost? Oh and the item weigh near nothing and size is like 1/2 inch x 1 1/2 inch, it's a very tiny toy. uwu

Haha I wonder if the seller sent it in an envelope.. ._.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nope, our international is very expensive, not terribly slow to the US, but for some reason to Canada is like a slow boat to China LOL

Ask the seller to upload the tracking if you are concerned, and the tracking will update once it arrives in US and is handed off to your local shipper.

Keep an eye on the estimated delivery date for MBG, but give it at least 7 - 14 days past as some of our metro area's (export depot's) are on lockdown again so shortage of staff could cause a delay.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm afraid tracking on international shipping can be quite costly.  Frankly, I wouldn't insist on tracking for such a low value item myself. 

By the way, I've always considered tracking to be an unreliable measure of when something is going to arrive.  There can always unforeseen delays, especially with international shipments.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

hm I ordered an item from UK last month, the seller only charged me $10 USD and it was sent via Royal Mail, and had tracking + sig confirm.

I just did some research with auspost. Standard cost $21 AUD to ship. It provides tracking and takes 7-12 business days. Economic price start at $17 AUD and takes 20+ business day to reach US mainland... You've got to be kidding me. >~> 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Nope, our international is very expensive, not terribly slow to the US, but for some reason to Canada is like a slow boat to China LOL

Ask the seller to upload the tracking if you are concerned, and the tracking will update once it arrives in US and is handed off to your local shipper.

Keep an eye on the estimated delivery date for MBG, but give it at least 7 - 14 days past as some of our metro area's (export depot's) are on lockdown again so shortage of staff could cause a delay.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 4
latest reply