cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant buy or search from India

Hi,

I have been a long time member of eBay ..I guess for 15 years.

I was trying to search parts for my Mercedes w124, but I guess I am barred. Wonder why.

i have excellent buyer ratings.

i can however use rest of the world eBay.

Pritu79 is my id.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Last time I checked, eBay sellers in India were not able to sell in India; only outside of India. I suspect this has something to do with the terms of the Flipkart sale that eBay was involved in, though I do not know any of the details.

That means that eBay buyers located in India can buy from sellers outside India, but not from sellers in India.

If you are having trouble seeing international items on ebay.com, try searching a different site such as ebay.co.uk or ebay.com.au instead -- I understand that in some cases different sites have better visibility of items.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@pritu79 wrote:

I was trying to search parts for my Mercedes w124, but I guess I am barred. Wonder why.

Try browsing from the not-India eBay websites in an Incognito or Private window, and do not log in to eBay. But beware that eBay may still see you're in India from your IP address.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don't think that you have been singled out. If I change my location to India I'm unable to search for anything on eBay Motors so it seems that shipping to India is not an option on eBay Motors.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

I don't get the impression that the op was talking about purchasing from another seller in India but on ebay.com in general.  But I don't recall reading anything about  sellers in India not being able to sell within India so I'm wondering if you remember where you've seen that.  I have seen sellers in India list India as a location that they ship to so I'm a bit confused by your statement.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

Not sure if things have changed recently, but here is the reference I have seen about sellers in India not being able to sell domestically within India:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying-Selling-Basics/Selling/m-p/29547118/highlight/true#M46059

All the recent articles I have seen about eBay in India deal exclusively with CBT (cross border trade). For example:

http://www.businessworld.in/article/eBay-s-Success-Lies-In-Success-Of-Its-Sellers-Vidmay-Naini-Count...

Regarding the OP's issue, here is an unresolved 2019 thread about buyers in India having problems seeing international items on ebay.com:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/What-is-going-on-with-the-eBay/m-p/29936785

I suspect the issues are primarily legal rather than technical since this has persisted for so long, and only seems to be an issue on ebay.com. Searching on ebay.ca or ebay.co.uk or ebay.com.au seems to work, as far as I can tell, using a shipping address in India. There may still be ongoing problems with actual shipping to India due to current shipping disruptions, though.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Thank you for the info. 🙂

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You are most welcome.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Have you also looked for these parts on the German site?

If necessary you can use Google Translate to help with language.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply