cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harry Potters Sells for $380,000 this week!

A first edition copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone gaveled for $380,000 at Heritage last week.

See here for the video of the auction.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Harry Potters Sells for $380,000 this week!

If it went to an actual collector great. Heritage has some controversy on the way it does things.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Okay Outstanding news for owner and auction house WOW all I can say I wish I had a first edition copy to sell  

Buyers a little crazy imho but hey I am not judging anybody here. Some of my relatives don't get me either sometimes.   

Thanks for posting this 

Happy Holiday for that buyer and seller

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Watching the video, it's impressive the auctioneer starts by asking for $80,000, then immediately the first bid is $120,000. Then the auctioneer asks for $130,000, and the second bid is $190,000. 

I think after that some of the auction video must have been edited, as the only bids you see are at $200K, $280K, $300K, and $380K. It doesn't show any of the intermediate deliberations, nor the normal pause toward the auction end.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Heritage auctions are a scam. They got into trouble with video games a while back. The owner of heritage and the video game grading company are in cahoots together.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply