cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playtime 2022

I'm keep my fingers crossed that this will work.

Message 1 of 2,142
latest reply
2,141 REPLIES 2,141

Re: Playtime 2022

Happy Saturday!

Jackie...thanks...I wish Mattel would release a Ken wearing a kilt...So someone crashed into the airport? What were they thinking?!...I'm not going to watch the Oscars. I'll read about it the next day.

Kate...thanks 🙂 ...Did you like any fashion in particular from the Tommy and Tuppence series?...That Shamrock Celebration Barbie is one of my favorite dolls! I love that whole series.

Happy Birthday, Ken!

50154614783_b33aaeb56b_c.jpg

Message 1232 of 2,142
latest reply

Good Sunday Morning,

Jackie - I know what you mean about wishing that hat were larger - it fits Stinky pretty well but it is too small for Barbie!

The hats you have for your gang are a better size.

Queli - I don’t have a specific favorite - I just liked the feel of the entire series - London in the 20s - and she always looked so glamorous! 

I didn’t know it was Ken’s birthday - Happy Birthday to Ken!

Waving to Shirls!

Xxoo Kate

Found another photo of a repro Midge. 

Plus a photo of two in green for St. Patrick's Day. 

🙂

quickcurlgreenduo.JPGmodcocktailbubbles.jpg

Message 1233 of 2,142
latest reply

Here are my choices for the Oscars. Some categories aren't listed because I didn't know anything about it:

Picture: The Fabelmans

Director: Steven Spielberg

Actress: Michelle Yeoh

Supporting Actress: Jamie Lee Curtis

Actor: Austin Butler

Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

Original Screenplay: The Fabelmans

Adapted Screenplay: Top Gun: Maverick

Animated Feature Film: Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio

International Feature Film: All Quiet on the Western Front

Original Score: John Williams, The Fabelmans

Original Song: Hold My Hand by Lady Gaga and BloodPop

Sound: Top Gun: Maverick

Production Design: The Fabelmans

Cinematography: All Quiet on the Western Front

Makeup and Hairstyling: Wakanda Forever

Costume Design: Ruth Carter, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Film Editing: Eddie Hamilton, Top Gun: Maverick 

Visual Effects: Wakanda Forever

Message 1234 of 2,142
latest reply

Kate...Okay, I thought you might have a favorite fashion because they are so beautiful, and I'm assuming that since you're a seamstress, you're always looking for inspiration 🙂 ...Wow, both of your dolls look lovely in that fashion...Love that shade of blue on Midge. She just celebrated her 60th Birthday on Mar 11. Happy belated Birthday, Midge!

11226356374_175c9eca02_c.jpg

Message 1235 of 2,142
latest reply

Sunday Night ~  Where did this weekend go?  I guess when you are busy, it goes even faster.   Today was a whirlwind.  Need to call my cousin as I know she is probably not too happy with me for not getting her called.   She vocalizes about her sister, so I'm certain she probably feels the same about me.  Oh well.  I have sent her 3 emails, but she ignores them.  Oh well.

I'll start with this page of posts as I know full well once I leave this page for the next, I will forget something. 

Just like I don't keep track of Barbie's or Ken's birthdays.  Amazing how the older they get, the younger they look.

QUELI ~ Love the repro PT Barbie's dress!  Definitely a 60's fashion.  I remember sewing a dress very much like that design, for a Home Ec project!  One of my favorite designs.  Loved that dress!  Yep, it was the wind that flipped up the hunk of siding.  When it blows steady for 5 plus hours with wind speeds 60-80 mph, it's going to do some damage. 

JACKIE ~  I have a question for you.  How many table gifts do you need for the up and coming convention you are attending?  I found some cute cocktail knapkins/coasters at an antique/fleamarket shop Saturday.  There are 12 of them.  I would like to keep a few for myself as they would work for Barbie throw rugs, Breyer horse blankets, or if have 2 could make ponchos.  I have not had the chance to photograph them.  Will try to do that tomorrow(Monday) and post the pictures.  Just a thought.  Anyway, since there are 12 and I don't need all 12, just a thought 😊

I know.  Just in a few block radius, so many houses with roof issues.  Some have large areas covered with tarps until they get them repaired.   We had our house reshingled several years ago.  Rated for 70 mph winds...we thought at the time, that never in a million years would it get like that.  I'm changing my thinking on that!  Just in one week, we had 2 extreme windy days....a Tuesday with 60 mph winds and then this last Friday that exceeded that!   Some 'normal' days it gusts to 40-45mph.  Weather is just all too crazy...look at California!  And people are getting just as crazy...driving through stuff etc. etc. 

Pretty neat that your hubby was an Agatha Christie fan. 

OK. Now a break to watch Magnum and shall return 😍

KATE ~ I will catch you on the next post 😊

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1236 of 2,142
latest reply

KATE ~  Stinky is ready for St. Pat's, he has 2 hats he can wear.  The one with the shamrock is perfect for him.   The pot of gold is pretty neat.  Cute dress Barbie wears and neat little greeting card!  ~~ There is a vintage Midge that is freckle-less.  Nice repro Midge..can't tell if she has her freckles or not. She looks great in her blue fashion!   The 2 Quick Curl dresses look good on the Barbies.  I know I have the pink, can't recall if I have the green or not. 

8 more inches of snow doesn't sound fun at all.  Hopefully that forecast will fall through by the time Tuesday gets here. 

JACKIE ~  Taking uber to the airport does sound like a good idea.  Don't have to drive or worry about parking.    I like the huge screen photo of Irish Barbie.  It would be neat if there were a kilt fashion for Ken. 

I thought the Eclipse dolls were all pretty cool.  I liked the pale skin tone. 

Did you get your rain today?   It rained here a good share of the night, but wasn't a downpour.  May have frost tonight, and possible freeze warning for Monday & Tuesday nights.  So many trees are starting to bud and leaf out.  Other spring plants are poking through the ground as well.  

QUELI ~  Birthday Ken looks so handsome!   I like the 'kids' photo! 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1237 of 2,142
latest reply

100_6566.JPG100_6568.JPG

Got the little scarf made.  LOL at all the dust on her glasses.....didn't notice it until saw the photo.  

Message 1238 of 2,142
latest reply

I checked the list of Oscar Winners so here's the list I posted yesterday plus the categories I had omitted. I put an "@" next to the ones I got right.

Oscar Winners 2023

Picture: The Fabelmans

Director: Steven Spielberg

@Actress: Michelle Yeoh

@Supporting Actress: Jamie Lee Curtis 

Actor: Austin Butler

@Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

Original Screenplay: The Fabelmans

Adapted Screenplay: Top Gun: Maverick

@Animated Feature Film: Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio

@International Feature Film: All Quiet on the Western Front

Original Score: John Williams, The Fabelmans

Original Song: Hold My Hand by Lady Gaga and BloodPop

@Sound: Top Gun: Maverick

Production Design: The Fabelmans

@Cinematography: All Quiet on the Western Front

Makeup and Hairstyling: Wakanda Forever

@Costume Design: Ruth Carter, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Film Editing: Eddie Hamilton, Top Gun: Maverick 

Visual Effects: Wakanda Forever

Documentary Short: The Elephant Whisperers

Documentary Feature: Navalny

Animated Short Film: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Live Action Short Film: An Irish Goodbye

Message 1239 of 2,142
latest reply

Shirley...Haha, sometimes with family it's hard to get it right no matter what you do 🙂 ...thanks...I'm sure the dress you made was beautiful...Yeah, the wind can do terrifying things...So, how was Magnum?...Wouldn't it be lovely to age like our dolls? :-)...Thanks!..I'm sure your fashionista loves her new scarf. It turned out lovely.

Happy St. Patrick's Day from 6" Jessie.

16641012390_2b0017a462_c.jpg

Message 1240 of 2,142
latest reply

Please ignore the previous post. This is the one with all the correct winners. I put an "@" next to the ones I got right.

Picture: Everything Everywhere All at Once

Director: Daniel Scheinert and Daniel Kwan for Everything Everywhere All at Once

@Actress: Michelle Yeoh

@Supporting Actress: Jamie Lee Curtis 

Actor: Brandon Fraser

@Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

Original Screenplay: Everything Everywhere All at Once

Adapted Screenplay: Women Talking

@Animated Feature Film: Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio

@International Feature Film: All Quiet on the Western Front

Original Score: Volker Bertelmann for All Quiet on the Western Front

Original Song: Naatu Naatu from RRR

@Sound: Top Gun: Maverick

Production Design: All Quiet on the Western Front

@Cinematography: James Friend for All Quiet on the Western Front

Makeup and Hairstyling: The Whale

@Costume Design: Ruth Carter, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Film Editing: Paul Rogers for Everything Everywhere All at Once

Visual Effects: Avatar: TheWay of Water

Documentary Short: The Elephant Whisperers

Documentary Feature: Navalny

Animated Short Film: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Live Action Short Film: An Irish Goodbye

Message 1241 of 2,142
latest reply

Hi Shirls....My code requires protection from higher winds,  but it

is more expensive and is a wind and hail protection.  In addition I need

flood at an even more expensive price,  but being so close to the ocean

makes it almost mandatory.

Hi Kate... I got the St. Patrick's Day hats at the Party store that Queli recommended

several years ago.

Hi Queli...I mostly rated the gowns worn by the ladies.  Some of the guys are now

wearing cool tuxes or designer outfits.    I was happy that Jamie Lee Curtis won

and her dress suited her perfectly.  

I also was happy to see Ke Huy Quan win.  He was funny as Shortround in the Indiana Jones movie.

Nice that Harrison Ford handed him  his Oscar.

I prefer the more conservative gowns mostly by the better known designers.  I love the ones with

volumes of fabric, but it must be hard to move about in without tripping people.

Oscars is a designers' best moment in time.

We are in a cold spell and may be getting a frost later this week.  I am wearing my puffy coat.

Looks like St. Patty's Day will be a cool one here.

Jackie

Message 1242 of 2,142
latest reply

Monday Night ~ 

Chilly day!  36*.  Going to get a freeze tonight; so went out to cover a few things that are coming up.   Will have 2 more nights of freeze, so if it doesn't freeze tonight, it has 2 more rounds for a sure kill.   I still don't know if Mama has kittens or not even though she has the shallow den made.  She stayed pretty much in the open today.  I don't know why she does that when she does have a little more protection in other spots. 

Bunny Bunny was being a real snot pistol today! 😖

Talked for over 2 hours to cousin today.   I finally had to beg off. 

Didn't get the cocktail knapkins/coasters photographed today.  Hopefully, tomorrow.

QUELI ~ Little Jessie is cute with her gold, card, & hat! 

I didn't watch the Oscars, but I did take a look later.  I was happy to see Michelle Yeoh got best actress.  We have several movies with her in them.   Glad too for Jamie Lee.  She really should have had one years ago already, esp. for True Lies.   Seems some have their undies in a bunch that JLC got one and not Angela Bassett.   Looked at some of the female wear.  What is with all the 'nothing there' kind of clothing?  Why do they have to be naked?  May as well be since nothing is left to the imagination.  Others were dressed well.  Loved Cate Blanchet's gown.  Interesting men's wear and some of those show a bit more skin too; but they are 'covered' so to speak. 

JACKIE ~  I like all the little hats on the kiddies.  They must be tuckered out from playing musical chairs 😂

Message 1245 of 2,142
latest reply