cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to new buyer who joined less than 24 hrs

As a seller I seek additional opinion. A new member opens  account And pays for a purchase in the same day. I have messaged  the buyer twice ask him/her to confirm the address information is correct. Up to now, no response. I am willing to refund the money in order to avoid loss of item in case the person was a minor and in case the person tried to claim item was not delivered. In order for seller to initiate sellers protection, item being delivered is one of the main requirements. My other option is to file a claim if the item is lost and buyer claims not delivered. Any additional advice would be welcomed. I am prepared to cancel the transaction due to buyer not responding to messages. Please advise. Buyer has 0 feedback.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping to new buyer who joined less than 24 hrs

I bought my first item on the day I signed up. That's WHY I signed up.

There is no need to ask your buyer to confirm his address. You are required to ship to the address on the buyer's payment. Ship with tracking, and you'll have proof the item was delivered. This applies to ALL transactions no matter when the buyer became a member.

I think your imagination might be overly active today...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I bought my first item on the day I signed up. That's WHY I signed up.

There is no need to ask your buyer to confirm his address. You are required to ship to the address on the buyer's payment. Ship with tracking, and you'll have proof the item was delivered. This applies to ALL transactions no matter when the buyer became a member.

I think your imagination might be overly active today...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I agree with half of what you mentioned.  I have been selling for about 20 years and I have encountered minors trying to purchase (through discovery) and I have had buyers provide addresses that were either freight addresses, vacant properties or buildings without an apartment number. I think it is reasonable at times to ask for the address to be verified bc one of the conditions of sellers protection is that the item has to be marked as delivered. The item not being delivered has been a reported issue on the seller's side as well in the past. I aim to minimize the risk and also have a level of accountability to be assumed by the buyer. I wish I didnt have to send this note this morning, but my imagination does not come to play here. It is a response though and I will take the good from the bad. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply