cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping shows at 3.5x actual amount in search

Hi All,

Wondering what's going on here. Shipping options in the listing vary from $21.31 to $34.87, yet in the search it shows a whopping $125.47! I'm sure this is decreasing the amount of potential buyers, but not sure how to resolve. Any suggestions?

2.png1.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping shows at 3.5x actual amount in search

I'm seeing $47.55 to $84.86 to MY LOCATION in the central US.  The high figure you are seeing in the header there would FedEx International Economy (the first listed in international shipping) to somewhere where FedEx charges an arm and a leg.   Don't know if it's calculating to there because you are seeing it on ebay.com instead of ebay.ca or because it is on a mobile app,  but whenever shipping costs and time come up I always advise to never rely on such stand alone quotes and rely only on the quote you get from the Shipping, Returns, and Payments tab of the full website making sure it's to your country and zip/postal code if called for.

ETA: C $103.67 (approx US $77.06) to Honolulu.  109.42 to Nome.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Shipping shows at 3.5x actual amount in search

Thanks for replying @woodland_gnome! Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing this issue, and it doesn't seem to be tied to the Fedex international shipping. I figured I should contact eBay support, so I spent a couple hours with them last Friday to no avail.

This is another example search result from a colleague in the USA:

485c8297-1a5c-4d18-9b04-47cee29114ba

This is their actual shipping quote on the item page:

bc679376-8936-4a47-835a-cccf70c7ddd0

None of the actual shipping methods come remotely close to the amount shown in the search results, and based on the lack of sales to the USA, I believe this is affecting my sales greatly. I would love to get it resolved ASAP.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply