cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly listed items not being dated correctly

Something weird is going on: I listed a bunch of items under a particular category. They were all supposed to start on the same date and at the same time. After the items went live, I did a search for them to see how they looked. Of the 43 items listed to start on the date indicated, only one could be found on that date. The other 42 were all dated weeks and in some cases months ago. This meant that a Buyer searching for my supposedly newly listed items would have to scroll through pages and pages to finally see all of my items. I reported this to eBay Customer Service and was told that their tech support people were looking into it. Two weeks later and several more conversations with eBay reps and nothing resolved.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Newly listed items not being dated correctly

I quickly scrolled through your active listings and you have a bunch ending 5/21 at 7pm,  a bunch ending 5/28 at 7pm and a bunch ending 5/31 at 7pm.  I did see one listing ending in June, but no other dates.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Newly listed items not being dated correctly

I listed 43 items under Disneykins to start on April 28th.  When I search for 'Disneykins' for NewLy Listed items and scroll to items started on April 28th, only one of the 43 items is there. To find the others, I have to keep scrolling down & down & down: there's one under 4/14, another under 3/31, 2 under 2/24, 5 under 2/10, 3 under 1/27, etc. etc. How is a  Seller supposed to stay competitive if his items are not shown as current when he lists them on a current date? Makes no sense. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply