cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Pickup - what if buyer says they don't want item after they see it at my home?

I want to sell a sleep number bed with only local pickup.

What happens if the buyer decides they don't want the bed even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with it? Like maybe they never tested a sleep number bed before and they don't like how it feels? 

Would I get my selling fees back? Or am I out those fees no matter what.  I am totally fine with giving a full refund, I just don't want to be out the selling fees.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Local Pickup - what if buyer says they don't want item after they see it at my home?

Hi @moonslice 

If the buyer doesn’t want the bed after seeing it … you would cancel the transaction using ‘Buyer requested cancellation’ as the reason.

You’ll get your fees refunded … with the possible exception of the < $1 processing fee.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I haven't used ebay in maybe 15 years. Does the payment by the buyer go into my "payment" method, which it looks like is a credit card account? If so, how do I refund the buyer their money when I 'cancel' ?

When I search help for returning payment - it says it would go back from my checking account, but I only have a credit card under payments. Then it says I need to set up a 'seller account' but I don't see how to do that. It just takes me to "Start a Listing".

Thank you!!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply