cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illigally applied selling fees

Did anyone experience within 25-29 of march illigally applied selling fees on active listings? I already spoke to 3 people who had the same experience and if this is not a computer glitch, then it is a deliberate attempt to steal our hard earned money 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Illigally applied selling fees

@iia_49 

Can you provide an example of what you consider to be an incorrect fee?

What was the fee?A listing fee or a Final Value Fee?

Did you have listing upgrades?

What was the total paid by the buyer (price + shipping + sales tax)?

Are you being charged an extra percentage due to Below Standard seller metrics?

Did you review your fees here?

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I have been on ebay for ages and know what fees are and policies.  And these are not incorrect fees.  They are illegal. I do not allow ebay to relist automatically for me, I control my account and relist every listing manually to keep close tabs on what ebay charges.  Yesterday they zing me for almost $15 for relisted items as of yesterday on items which are still active as of march 1st.  This is a very scary and alarming practice from eBay.  Considering that we already found few people who got zinged.   Highway robbery in a broad daylight 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@iia_49 

All of your items are good til cancelled, which means they automatically renew once per month, unless you manually end items before they renew. I saw only a few items carried over from Feb., so I assume this is what you do.

Still, you have 380 active items, so that means insertion fees for at least 130 above the 250 you get free. At $.35 each, you should have about $45 in insertion fees this month.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Looks you didn’t read my reply.  I do cancel ALL my items manually each month and relist them manually, just so you comprehend.  I do not allow ebay to relist them for me.  As I said I know the policies and all    Unless you are advocating for ebay, you will be sending me replies as you did.  Which is not applicable to me.  
The fees I got zinged for are illegal 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@iia_49 

I guess you didn’t really read my reply - I noted that all but a handful of your items are listed in March. You did miss a few - there are some from Feb. that did renew on their own.

Even if listed in March, you still only get 250 free insertions. You have 380 active items, leaving 130 that you pay for per policy.

I am not an advocate, I just do the math.

View page 7 here - https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_ssn=iia_49&_sop=10 - to see the items still renewing from Feb and months prior.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Just to add to your not applicable to me math ( considering that I have degree in accounting in finance and run few businesses and do extensive bookkeeping) : when I manually relist my items, I pay the fees on the spot.  As I have been doing since ebay introduced good till cancel option only.  But to charge me the fees on active listings which are being relisted by me on the 1st each month, is illegal practice.  Just so you know, eBay is refunding me all of them.  They know that they have been caught 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

No you do not.  Do you have an access to my account to provide me with your nonsense answers ? 
Unlike yours, my comprehension is fine. 
Please do not bother responding any more.  I know how how I manage my account and your answers just prove that you an advocate for this platform 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

And to add to your last reply, I relist manually EVERY SINGLE ITEM, even those which are in the middle of the month.  EBAY RELISTS NOTHING FOR ME AUTOMATICALLY 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply