cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback help

Does any one know what I can do to get negative feedback removed. I sold an item that was pick up only, I reached out to the buyer immediately to schedule a pick up time. He buyer never responded  and within 24 hrs lied and opened a claim stating it was never delivered. They threatened to write a bad review if I didn’t send it. This buyer had not paid for shipping nor did I have access to the address. Ebay has been of zero assistance even thought the evidence I clean that it is a lie. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Feedback help

@carolinawild wrote:

Does any one know what I can do to get negative feedback removed. I sold an item that was pick up only, I reached out to the buyer immediately to schedule a pick up time. He buyer never responded  and within 24 hrs lied and opened a claim stating it was never delivered. They threatened to write a bad review if I didn’t send it. This buyer had not paid for shipping nor did I have access to the address. Ebay has been of zero assistance even thought the evidence I clean that it is a lie. 

@carolinawild 

Answered in your duplicate topic. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

That was the first thing I did. Feedback ineligible for removal was the answer I got. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@carolinawild 

You stated that you contacted the Buyer to schedule a pickup and they didn't respond. And that they lied and opened a claim. Was it in the text of the claim that they lied? Did they request a refund by opening a case? Their feedback makes it sound as though they asked for a refund and it was denied. If any of that did happen, eBay would not remove the negative. A Buyer has a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. 

eBay Seller Leader: Detroit-Ann Arbor In-Person eBay Networking Events
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This item sold on the 26th. I sent a message to arrange pick up immediately then on the 27th received a claim notice email “item not received” I reached out to the buyer again and said this is a pick up only item. When would you like to pick it up. “The  response I got back from the buyer was - this was listed as free shipping, you changed the shipping details” they never requested to cancel the order. 

IMG_5437.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@carolinawild 

When a Buyer opens an Item Not Received case, that is a formal request to refund the sale, no matter what they state in that claim. Every single Buyer I have had that has opened a case has lied within their claim. All that was needed was to approve the refund and then report the Buyer for filing a false claim. Reporting them would have been the most damaging thing you could do to their account. Confronting them in an email and calling them a liar and bully in your response, I hate to say, but just makes you look bad to YOUR future Buyers.

I am sorry this happened to you.

eBay Seller Leader: Detroit-Ann Arbor In-Person eBay Networking Events
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

So if they didn't pick up the item, did you refund?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Well I disagree… opening a false claim within 24 hrs of purchase is not a request for refund.  As far and sending a message to defend myself against false accusations, that is my right and pointing out a lie is in no way bad. If a future buyer is offended by that then they have every right not to purchase my items. 😉 I’m pretty sure a bully is a person who says “ship my item and I’ll stop the claim. I paid immediately so negative feedback isn't an option for you, but it is for me.” <— I consider that last part right there as a threat but I guess ebay  doesn’t  see it that way. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply