cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falsely claiming an item was not as described

Sold an ipad for parts for 14 dollars, clearly stating it was not working. For the record, after all it was said and done, this sale resulted in 10.00 deposited in my account.
I want to make clear I could just have asked for a label from apple and sent it for recycling for FREE. I could also have just disposed it at my local recycling yard, but my son convinced me people use parts to fix other ipads so i posted it on ebay.
if you look at the post, you will see it CLEARLY states it was FOR PARTS ONLY. 
if you look at the pictures you can see the ipad was exactly was described. The screen was NOT broken and this ipad was NOT "bent"
We are not into opening ipads and trying to fix them - again, ,I had no interest in lying about the state of the ipad when I could just dispose of it through Apple without spending a dime. Instead, I took the time to take pictures and post the thing. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266326371086
2 weeks after receiving the ipad, this guy leaves an insane ranting feedback, alleging all kinds of **bleep**.

A week earlier, I posted an iMAC that was sitting in the garage for months to be sent to Apple for recycling also for parts. the guy bid on it and won it for 5.99. 
Then refused to pay because didn't like the 32 lb machine would cost 80 dollars shipping.

Same thing happened some time ago with a sewing machine i had for sale - i took pictures of everything - it showed what the machine was to come with and without.
Guy receives the machine and leaves feedback saying it was missing a foot. YES, the picture clearly shows it was coming without it. And again I said on the post it was coming with what you could see in the pictures.

I don't have an ebay business - i am mostly posting things here so I can unload some because I am moving at the end of the year and hate to throw them away - but this INFURIATES me. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to take the pictures, add the descriptions, answer buyers questions, and so on, and now even more time having to appeal a negative feedback by a deranged buyer. 

Perhaps if you are a high volume seller, this is worth it, but I don't see why a seller would submit himself to this abuse for such high fees and small profit - and now, without even having the ability to leave negative feedback to abusive POS buyers.

Anyway, I need to know how to deal with this so it doesn't happen again. There were 2 ipads i found in the basement and I unlisted the second one and sent it to apple already.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong when posting or if i just have bad luck with these people. 
Anyway, I need help figuring this out or I will go post this stuff somewhere else. At the moment, facebook marketplace sounds like a better option.

I need to know how to protect myself from these people because ebay clearly doesn't give a **bleep** about it 

thank you

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0