cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A return item was refunded and buyer not sending back my item.

I sold gently used Black leather tasseled loafers  to the buyer and he wanted to return them saying they had a tear on them. I gladly accepted return and he was refunded.  He then said he could not access lable, I tried to send again but says he couldnt access return lable. So I offered to Venmo money to him for postage, he declined.  I offered to pick up at a public location near him, he never accepted. I have tried emailing numerous more times pleading to work it out with no resolution he has ghosted my emails now.  I have reached out to Ebay with no help. They say return is closed.  But I dont have my shoes back.  They are $200 loafers sold for 130.00 but I am not getting them back.  I need help, suggestions, or thoughts.  I cant even rate the buyer as to warn others he is not legit to deal with.  Please assist. Also this is my second item I ever sold on here and I am highly discouraged to sell anymore items. 😞  Razz-19

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: A return item was refunded and buyer not sending back my item.

@razz-19 wrote:

I sold gently used Black leather tasseled loafers  to Kirby Handumon kr34tiv and he wanted to return them saying they had a tear on them. I gladly accepted return and he was refunded.  He then said he could not access lable, I tried to send again but says he couldnt access return lable. So I offered to Venmo money to him for postage, he declined.  I offered to pick up at a public location near him, he never accepted. I have tried emailing numerous more times pleading to work it out with no resolution he has ghosted my emails now.  I have reached out to Ebay with no help. They say return is closed.  But I dont have my shoes back.  They are $200 loafers sold for 130.00 but I am not getting them back.  I need help, suggestions, or thoughts.  I cant even rate the buyer as to warn others he is not legit to deal with.  Please assist. Also this is my second item I ever sold on here and I am highly discouraged to sell anymore items. 😞  Razz-19

@razz-19 

The return was not handled correctly, I’m sorry to say. 

You do not refund before receiving the returned item. 

eBay cannot help at this point because you voluntarily refunded. They have no mechanism with which to charge the buyer again, and they cannot force the buyer to return the shoes. 

I know you said that the buyer will not reply to you.

Have you looked in the transaction order details? The buyer’s phone number is often listed there. 

Ultimately, your only recourse may be small claims civil litigation.

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: A return item was refunded and buyer not sending back my item.

I appreciate your information and taking the time to help. I felt alone even with no replies from Ebay now I understand.  I do see this persons address.  I had the thought to go through small claims too and will now go that route I have a lawyer friend luckily. I tried my hardest to work the return correct. It did not make sense I must have missed a step or misread something. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply