cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:) Holiday Recipes

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting With the Holidays soon upon us, I thought we might share some of our favorite special occasion recipes! Lynn :x
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Appetizer Crabmeat Cheesecake with Pecan Crust Dickie Brennan's Palace Café, New Orleans A Palace Café signature dish! Baked in a pecan crust with a wild mushroom sauté and Creole meunière sauce. I made this for a monthly meeting of a Dinner Club I belong to, and it was a big hit! It sounds very hard, but actually it was quite easy to make. The crust is patted into the pan, so there is no dough rolling needed. I served each small slice with one crab finger. If you served it with three crab fingers and made the slices larger, this could serve as an entree! The first link is to Dickie Brennan's Palace Café, New Orleans, which has reopened after Hurricane Katrina. The second link is the recipe itself. Enjoy! http://www.palacecafe.com/ http://www.gumbopages.com/food/app/crab-cheesecake.html Lynn x
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Another idea ... most bakeries have scanners to scan photos which can be made into sugar overlays for a sheet cake. A favorite scanned photograph could make a beautiful decoration for a holiday cake! If your local bakery doesn't provide this service, you can order the edible photo overlays right here on eBay: Photo Overlay Lynn :x
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Love to cook, but I don't often use recipes! I'd just confuse you all if I tried to explain how I make something! (throw in some X, add a bit of Y, look around & see if you have any Z, Z makes it extra tasty...LOL:))
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

😄
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

annistonauction_1
Enthusiast
Got this from Eagle Brand site Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened and divided use 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk) 3 large eggs 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed 2 medium all-purpose apples, cored and sliced Cinnamon Apple Glaze (recipe follows) Preheat oven to 300°F. In small bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour, oats, walnuts and cinnamon; mix well. Press firmly on bottom and halfway up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND® until smooth (DO NOT OVERBEAT). Add eggs and apple juice concentrate; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool. In large skillet, cook apples in remaining 1 tablespoon butter until tender-crisp. Arrange on top of cheesecake; drizzle with Cinnamon Apple Glaze. Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerate. Makes one (9-inch) cheesecake. Cinnamon Apple Glaze: In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed, 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; mix well. Over low heat, cook and stir until thickened. (Makes about 1/4 cup.)
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

The cheese cake sounds yummy!!

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

That does sound good!
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Anyone have a good recipe for Mulled Cider?

I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

annistonauction_1
Enthusiast
Go this from a how to site Difficulty: Easy Mulled cider, like mulled wine, has become a cold-weather tradition in many homes. This warm, comforting drink is easy to prepare and is a great finale for a holiday meal. This recipe is for one quart, which will serve up to three people; the amounts can be multiplied without any problems. Things You'll Need 1 quart apple cider 1/2 c. brandy (optional) 1 cinnamon stick 6 to 8 whole cloves 1/2 c. dried cranberries 2/3 c. honey 1 orange 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 whole bean Instructions STEP 1: Pour the cider into a nonreactive saucepan and turn the heat to low. STEP 2: Cut the zest from the orange with a sharp paring knife or a vegetable peeler. Try to get only the orange part. If any of the bitter white pith comes with the zest, cut this off and discard it. STEP 3: Lightly pound the zest to release the aromatic oils, and place the zest in the cider. STEP 4: Place all remaining ingredients in the cider and continue to steep over low heat, stirring occasionally. STEP 5: When cider is very hot and has begun to steam, it's ready to serve. Taste it at this point to make sure it's sweet enough and that there are enough seasonings. Add more if necessary. STEP 6: Shut off the heat and ladle the cider into mugs. Tips & Warnings: Apple juice can be substituted for apple cider. You can also use these seasonings to make mulled cranberry juice. Always use a stainless steel, heatproof glass, ceramic or nonstick pot to make the mulled cider. An aluminum pot will react with the acids in the cider and give it a metallic taste. Honey is good in mulled cider, but you can also use Turbinado (raw) sugar or light brown sugar, or a combination.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I recently tasted these at a party and was amazed at how easy and delicious they were! I know this recipe sounds strange, but try it ... you'll be amazed at how good they are. Mesquite Stuffed Prunes Take a small dried prune. Slit the end and insert a macadamia nut. Dust with a mesquite barbecue salt. Voila!
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Barry -- Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it. Lynn -- Mesquite Stuffed Prunes -- sounds easy. I bet it's delicious. Carole

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

annistonauction_1
Enthusiast
Yumm Barry
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

There are number of holidays recipes but among them turkey recipe for thanksgiving is one of my favorite. Because that packs the entirety of the flavor and deliciousness you anticipate from the ideal Thanksgiving turkey, with none of the pressure! Furthermore a bit by bit instructional exercise for how to cook the ideal turkey.

In addition to the fact that this is simmered turkey recipe idiot proof and simple to make, it will surpass assumptions as the focal point of your Thanksgiving feast!

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Why'd you respond to a post from 2006? 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply