cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Match--The Worst

Three times this week my search results have been sorted by "best match" and I am not able to change it to "Newly listed" or anything else without signing out and signing back in. I would NEVER select "best match" to sort my search results. It's driving me crazy. ok, crazier. -- Edited by mreas at 01/16/2008 1:59 PM

"All black and white, nice." ~ golders
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re Best Match--The Worst

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
Well, John Donahoe has made his big announcement for the changes he's going to make. You can find it in your "My Messages" area. If you read this in "My Messages" there are hyperlinks for each bullet point that takes you to a page with greater detail, but this is the summary. Seller Update: Fees, Rewards & Standards eBay buyers want value and selection from sellers they can trust--and good sellers deserve rewards for delivering great customer service. That's why we're making a number of important changes that may affect you: 1. Reduced Listing Fees You asked, we listened. We're reducing Insertion Fees and adjusting Final Value Fees to lower your up-front cost to sell on eBay. You wanted free Gallery, now you've got it--plus more feature discounts. * Lower Insertion Fees * Making Gallery free * Lower fees for Gallery Plus, Picture Pack, and Feature Plus 2. Rewards for great sellers There will be discounts and incentives for those who satisfy customers best. Who decides who gets rewarded? Customers do, by giving sellers high Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs). * More search exposure through Best Match * Fee discounts for PowerSellers * Increased protection for PowerSellers 3. Feedback Changes Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers. * Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback. * Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't. * Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended. -- Kathy
Message 61 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

Another thing I read somewhere is that best match will include information gained from tracking your eBay activity. It's going to be like Amazon where, because I bought my daughter a yoga dvd 5 years ago, every time I sign in they recommend a bunch of yoga junk. From now on eBay will always include nose hair trimmers, flow-bees, loose socks, and pointy bras in my search results no matter what I'm looking for...but only from the pointy bra sellers with the shiniest stars. It's gonna be FUN!

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

* Increased protection for PowerSellers A goon named Guido stands guard outside your trailer.

Message 63 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
At least I won't be needing that, as I'm in no danger of ever becoming a PowerSeller. -- Kathy
Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
"Another thing I read somewhere is that best match will include information gained from tracking your eBay activity. " Ebay is already tracking our activity. When I sign out of my buying ID, I get a page of recommended items . . . all ACEOs. When I sign out of THIS ID, it's Hannah Montana. Still trying to figure that one out. (I swear I've never bought any Hannah Montana action figures . . . honest). -- Kathy -- Edited by poozybear*art at 01/29/2008 12:10 PM
Message 65 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

kengillam
Enthusiast
The whole ebay scenario is now rubbish. There are mutterings about a mass exodus, whilst it may be the biggest venue, it is only that because we stay here and let eBay rob us, and manipulate the searches to suit them. The comments on this are worth reading http://www.pheebay.com/?ebay-proves-it-is-now-an-over-confident-rebellious-teenager-74.html There is a move for everyone to go to Etsy, if we all stop supporting eBay by not selling and also not buying, are the 20% Favoured Powersellers going to trade amongst themselves? The little guys hold the power as there are more of us, lets use it and show who really makes eBay what it is, or should I say WAS!
http://www.artyman.co.uk
Message 66 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

It's going to be awful to give the power sellers their discounts if there is a mass exodus, cause that's were it comes from -- Len "Nobody goes there anymore ... it's too crowded." --- Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra, #8 "The secret of managing is keeping the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided." "You could look it up" --- Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel, "The Old Perfesser", #37
Message 67 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
"if we all stop supporting eBay by not selling and also not buying, are the 20% Favoured Powersellers going to trade amongst themselves?" Nope! Ken, you're absolutely right about who the buyers are. The "big guys" who are selling computers, iPods, and so forth don't buy from other sellers. But "mom and pop," who clean their garages and sell off a few items, will often use their PayPal money to buy something else on ebay. I only buy on ebay when I sell, and that's probably the case for a good many of us. If you break that chain, well, game over. The big guys left standing aren't going to buy iPods from each other. -- Kathy
Message 68 of 69
latest reply

Re Best Match--The Worst

me,i'm searching new sites,a few look promising.... -- maiyuguachi..."no sweat"
Message 69 of 69
latest reply