cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT: New listing page no longer links to 'about me'

My work computer shows a new listing page layout today. No opt out option and no link to my ME page anywhere.

"All black and white, nice." ~ golders
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

This topic was branched from MUST READ: expect major eBay announcement
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Yes, they have been trying to get rid of the 'about me' page, as many lead off of eBay. That is why you need to put a link in your listing, as well as link to ALL your listings, and/or a slide show or other promotion to your other work. I'm not sure if eBay has started yet, I haven't checked, but I have heard or do believe that they are going to be advertising OTHER listings within YOUR auction page, so I guess, by knocking out an easy link to 'about ME' they figure they are keeping more buyer on EBAY (in other words it's all about THEM, not 'about ME' - they are using YOUR listing money to promote themselves more). Do you get my reasoning behind that? I DO think that 'about me' is under one of the tabs. But SO difficult to see. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me! * * * * * * Nope. You're right. No link to 'about me' any more. I include it in my listings in my part 'about the artist'. I guess now we all have to consider putting it in. Last I knew it was still a legal link according to the rules. If anyone finds out different let me know. I checked an old listing of mine. I still had the option for new view, or old, switching between. Seems no ads for others' listings on there ... yet? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&item=290295342409 Thanks for that alert Mick. I'll start a thread. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

I still had the old format on my home computer this morning, so was surprised to see it was different at work. I do have links to my Me page and other auctions in the body of my listings. The graphic link is on the myWorld page, which is another click away.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Thanks Mick. It really isn't clear to buyers at all that they can go other places still relevant to the listing, like clicking to 'my world' (which I HATE). I bet most buyers would NOT bother. I used to get quite a lot of people come to my personal website from my 'about me' page. No wonder it's been dwindling. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I think the design of the page is cleaner, and it uses my favorite color (Gray) instead of blue.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

I do think it's cleaner, too. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Huh. I still have the old page. But if you guys have the new look, I'm sure I'll have it soon enough. -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Of course the flip side of this coin is that presumably your listing will show up on someone else's sale page...
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Or it will work like Best Match and the only work that shows up on anyone's page is soft core Asian p@rn fake paintings.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Too late, that already happens. I search on ACEOs, and at the top I get ... buy this now, finishing soon! -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I got that the other day when logging out. The page came up of "other things I might be interested in." It was all ACEOs, and there were a bunch of nasty p0rn ones in there. And not even good p0rn at that. Makes me miss the days when they were trying to push Hannah Montana on me. -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Makes me miss the days when they were trying to push Hannah Montana on me. Just watch Joel McHale's show, The Soup. He still gets a lot of mileage from her. Mylie and Tyra. Getting back to the point though... no matter how much feedback eBay gets from sellers about their new systems, they're unwilling to budge. They're off in another direction, apparently.
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Yeah, they seem convinced that this "new vision" of Donahoe's is the way to go. They know they have problems, but would rather lose sellers than back down. The ONLY decision that they've reversed was changing neutrals to negs. I thought that was a start, but that was ALL we got, and every time eBay holds a press conference they wave that one like a flag to show that they're "listening to sellers." They apparently have this grand plan of bringing in big retail (diamond power sellers), and to heck with the little guy. BUT, one of the leading money magazines recently ran an article saying that both Buy (dot com) and Bargains Galore were unhappy. Buy, in particular, was thinking of leaving. Ebay's refusal to budge is going to cost them the sellers they were hoping to attract in the first place. Someone posted the article in forums, and it was gone in 60 seconds. Worried much? -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Kathy how is it in a seller's interest to have neutrals changed to negs? I see that as a huge MINUS.
Message 15 of 32
latest reply