cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope for ACEO art Cards

Hey guys.  I'm trying to post some ACEO original art cards, however I notice that the cheapest shipping rate I can get is around 5.00 for shipping a single card.

I see others with art cards listed and have shipping set for $1.00 or less.

I don't see the eBay standard envelope option when I try to list an ACEO card but am I missing something?  How do you get the cheaper shipping options?

I'm new to this so thanks for any and all insight.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay standard envelope for ACEO art Cards

Each country has its own postal rates. I charge a "flat" price from Italy, generally I calculate a dollar more than the "Italy for Italy" rates (even if I always lose some money to ship to the USA or AUSTRALIA). Unfortunately, asking more than $ 5-6 per card (even if the actual shipping, for example to Australia, cost $ 2 more) means you have a lot of chances not to sell it. As you say, not only are there those who ask for a single dollar for the shipping cost, but there are even those who offer free shipping. Generally, they are people who know what they are doing: either they know they can reach high amounts with the cards at auction, or they already charge the postal expense on the initial price of the Aceo (a trick as old as the world, but it seems that it often works).

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You can try using the eBay standard envelope template. There are a few sizes to choose from. Minimum is 3 1/2 x 5 and the Max is 6 1/8 x 11 1/2. The key is to make sure your item qualifies for this shipping method. You can choose these options when creating a shipping label. Others may ship with a simply stamped envelope. This is risky as there is no tracking but works well with repeat customers. They save, you save. 

You can read more about this service here.

https://www.shippingschool.com/news/ebay-standard-envelope-offers-usps-tracking-for-under-1/

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the link!!!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

They are probably mailing their ACEO cards with a postage stamp. If it is a relatively low cost ACEO card, then it is a low risk item to mail. Your cards are very beautiful. ACEO cards don't qualify for the eBay standard envelope.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

isn't this about  what category you list your cards under?  it just has to be listed in those categories that allow use of the ebay envelope.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply