cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme Week discontinued for this group 2018

After much discussion and thought, we  (admins) have decided to discontinue hosting Theme Week for this group.  We had been including it as a courtesy because aceo originated within this group.  Alas, all good things must come to an end.   It is next to impossible to keep the integrity of the challenge here, so entries from this group will no longer qualify as of January 1, 2018.  To qualify you must be a member of good standing in the facebook group.  Please join us at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/

If you have any questions I will address them on this thread.

Your December entries will of course be included this time.

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

I've been entering ACEO theme week challenges for a good ten years and you're ousting me because I refuse to become a facebook member for personal reasons I have no control over. ?   Do you know how depressing that makes me feel?   I spent yesterday searching hours  for polar bear ideas and came up with four, possibly five, that will sell.  

I was the one who fought and advocated to add a link or info to the tw page.

I dare someone here to put this message on your facebook page which unlike other art groups can be reached by non Facebook members. 

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Also if my noninations and voting on this eBay groups site are part of the problem, no matter, because I can live without nominations and voting.  So what's the big deal about Facebook anyway?  Does that make me less of an artist?  I joined the group a long time ago, isn't that good enough for you? The contest is held on eBay not Facebook.  That sohould account for something.  What's really wrong here?  Why not take a vote among the buyers?  

Thea Smith

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Greetings!

Sorry to hear about the move to facebook. I am not on facebook. I noted that your related Theme Week ebay Collection is not appearing properly on your profile either. It is not an isolated problem as I have curated many ebay Collections. All are linked to my storybook site and Google Plus, and still bringing in viewers, yet my profile shows zero Collections. Just so everyone here knows, the links are working and I will continue promoting Family Friendly ACEOs (okay for children to view), as long as it is possible to maintain the links to the Collections. To show an ACEO listing more directly on my links, contact me for the key.

Blessings and cheer,
Dianne
Message 4 of 43
latest reply

This IS ACEO on eBay. The one on Facebook is just a sister group (a fan site).

Facebook is not an adequate group site, and many ACEO artists don't participate there.

Here you can have a conversation, the other is no more than a feed.

This is the heart of ACEO, where the magic happened. It holds the rich history of the movement.

Why so much abandonment? For a money making machine for a few elite, with major privacy issues?

Sure, eBay screwed up the aesthetics of the site, but that's just aesthetics!

In all fairness, there should be a vote on it. white_check_mark

~M & T~

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

People, I love you-  but may we stay on the real topic here please?

Why do I need a FB account to enter aceo tw if I'm willing to for-go awards, nominating, voting (assuming those are some of the issues since you most likely want to close this group account here altogether) ?   And you dont want the bother of a free blogspot account to keep theme week enthusiast's non Face-bookers in the know, regarding themes and things.  And also, you may be losing some business that way effecting marketing negatively.  Does anyone beside two facebook members even read this or willing to share my concerns with their home base?  Guess not.

Thea Smith,

The  member for whom sharing ways to see other member's entries is responsible.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Hey, thanks!  I hadn't finished the message below yet when you posted.  Thanks for staying on topic.
Thea. 

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

I have been away from the eBay groups for many years now but am here today seeing this and it saddens me too. The Facebook group is not the same. Maybe I'm clinging to the past but even though I'm on Facebook and in the groups... it's not the same as it was here. Sorry this is affecting you and ther Artists like you 😞 

Lucy
Message 8 of 43
latest reply

Thanks, Lucy! Actually, so far, I feel its OK they are on FB since their mind is made up,  but wish there was a middle ground blog for those who want for  one reason or another avoid FB altogether and who wish to keep it open either through here or on a blog.  I just want to know the upcoming themes and discard those not up my imagination alley.  I love art competitions and linking them to other entries for the sake of good marketing.  I like the ACEO format very much.  I also like big art but can't really go much bigger than my epson scanner without stitching pieces together and that seems hard.

I so appreciate your interest and sentiments regarding the groups belonging on eBay, but in the time the group left I have felt like the only member responding to Joy's keeping it going by voting here.  She's had no real support or help.  I don't want the responsibility myself for personal reasons.  That all has to be ironed out by many minds.  That's why I say, a middle ground may be best.

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

Yes, in all fairness.
Message 10 of 43
latest reply

Though I had sketched 5 entries for Dec I'm too upset to concentrate on painting.

What's the point in helping ACEO TW group by linking to their entries  for their marketing purposes after being kicked out?   Especially since a good many others actually hadn't even mentioned anything whatsoever about other entries or what theme week even  is, anywhere in their listings.  Yet they linke to their private websites.  That didn't seem to matter when I complained about that.  Don't forget the reason the group moved to FB in the first place.  What was it again?

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

You can post whatever you like where ever you like about us.  

my blog
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

I am not the volunteer that posts about the tw challenge.....therefore check my profile all you want...It will not be there

my blog
Message 13 of 43
latest reply

It certainly isn't a feed....you obvously don't partipate there....also take a look a this site...nothing else but tw posts....nothing....at the fb site we resove ebay issues, help people list, discuss cross promotion etc.  

my blog
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

why on earth are you attacking us personally????  I'm certainly not attacking you

my blog
Message 15 of 43
latest reply