cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHOTO CHALLENGE MAY 2013 WINNER!!!

You are invited to take part in the May photo challenge..."THINGS IN A JAR"

This challenge has been inspired by several members painting jars with something/someone in a jar.  We've had long discussions about it on FB  This is meant to be a fun challenge and the sky is the limit....let your imagination soar!!!!  The photo is meant only as a guide...therefore it's been kept a little unfocused 

The idea is simple: everyone paints, draws, collages, or arts in any way from the same photo. Let us see the world through your eyes.

It is up to you how you interpret this photo. We always think it's great fun to see different views of the same subject!

The favorite interpretation of the photo (by member voting) will be featured in the group's home page for a month.

Please post your completed ACEO pieces in this thread anytime within the "Time Frame" below.

You may enter as many ACEOs as you wish, but they must all be interpretations of the same photo. They do not have to be listed on eBay to be eligible.

Time Frame - this activity runs in May follows:

1)  From May 15 to May 22/13  at midnight eBay time: post your entries in this thread. All you need to enter is to post your ACEO here within this time frame. Any entries posted outside this time frame will not be eligible - no exceptions!

2)  May 23/13 - Polls go up for voting.  Voting ends at midnight May 28/13

3)  May 29 - The winner is announced and the winning interpretation is posted on our home page.

Let's see how much participation we can have... What medium do you use? How creative can you be? Show us!

Any questions, please ask in this thread…
Have fun!

P.S. If you have images you want to donate for future photo challenges, please post them in this thread: http://groups.ebay.com/topic/Aceo-Art-Cards/Announcementstheme-Weeks-Contests/Photos-Wanted-Photo/16...

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: PHOTO CHALLENGE MAY 2013

Noodlerabbit88 (Katie's) submission

my blog
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Here's my entry for the May Photo Challenge - Firefly in a Jar.  I used watercolors and colored pencils along with a little salt!

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Here is my entry for the May Photo Challenge -  the hamster and the mayo jar titled:  "You Won't See Me in That Jar!"  My pet hamster Rembrandt disappeared before he passed away so he never received a proper burial in the mayo jar!!!  LOL

-- Edited by welovegod at 05/19/2013 6:08 PM PDT

-- Edited by welovegod at 05/19/2013 6:09 PM PDT
Sherry, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Message 18 of 37
latest reply

Thank you for your future challenge photo's Cathy...but you posted them right onto the challenge thread.  Sorry, but I had to delete them, it was very confusing for the people looking for this month's challenge entries.  

There is a link at the top in the instructions to the photo suggestions that you can use.  Thanks so much for submitting.

(p.s.  If I had more time I would have downloaded them to my computer and then posted them for you, but I simply don't have the time.....sorry about that)

my blog
Message 19 of 37
latest reply

here's my Last unicorn:

Reality was once someone's dream.
Message 20 of 37
latest reply

"BALL IN A BALL"

Picture is a little fuzzy but original much sharper. I tried a couple of times 

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Wonderful work, everyone! Who knew so much could fit into (or outside) of a jar? 🙂

Isa
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww he's so nice Cheryl!!!!

my blog
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

The pure heart in the pure water.
The water is body, the heart is soul.
I want for myself to be like that too 🙂

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

Love it Cathy...

Marino, so very cool!

my blog
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

Wee Mousy stopped in front of a glass left tilted. “Well, said Wee Mousy”, “ I am braver than you believe, and smarter than you think.” Wee Mousy paused... “ So, I am watching and counting my blessings, not my troubles.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

My entry for this 'Four Cast Jars' 😛

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251278724859

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Here is another entry for this month's Photo Challenge ....

"Dandelion Bouquet In A Jar"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121114301566

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

I think this is a good time to mention the importance of catch and release.  We are forgetful after all..

Have a nice night, 

Rebecca

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

Be a patron of the arts: Art and science keep us civil!
http://www.smellyrhino.com
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

I forgot about this until today -- I needed more time to think !!!!! 

Everyone's is so adorable.

I was going to do a jar but it was so complicated in my mind's eye -- that I just painted my little glass from the kitchen window.  Its handmade and very thick but uneven.

Bev

PS

Glasses aren't easy either.  LOL

Message 30 of 37
latest reply