cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay Store? Tell Us About It Here...

I just opened my first store and did not see a Discussion to show it off in...so I started one! And anyone else starting a store can put there's here too! My store is called The Artlery and for those who don't already know you can just click on the red door by my ebay name to get there. I am selling ACEOs both painted and photographic, painted eggs and larger artworks. I hope everyone will take a look and remember to look once a month or so because I have a lot of things to list! But it takes time! Thanx ahead of time to all who do take the time to check me out. PJ Here are a few examples: This is a 3' x 2' watercolor called Arabian in Sandstorm This is a watercolor ACEO Short Haired Collie
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: New eBay Store? Tell Us About It Here...

dollbabedesigns
Enthusiast
Art-bird, I been wanting to open a store, but I've been testing the auctions to see what sells for me. I'm hoping they'll have a "special" in opening a store! I know I'll open one soon. How is everyone doing in their store? Do you get many lookers and sales? I can see how it is great for selling prints. I'd like to see more discussion about stores and strategies. Any input anyone? Lynda -- http://dollbabedesigns.blogspot.com Ebay Listings: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdollbabedesigns
http://dollbabedesigns.blogspot.com
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

Lynda... Stores are good if you have a wide variety of items to sell. List everything in your Store... then post a couple auctions per week, to bring buyers back to see the items in your Store. For example... I list all my prints in my Store and Auction all my Originals... being sure to cross-promote the items from my Store in my eBay listings. And I just think of my auctions, as advertisements for my eBay Store... come take a look and get some ideas! :-D -- ~Wendy My eBay Store: Wendy's Whimseys

~ Wendy

Visit my ME page to see my current listings, or...

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

I have been wondering about the stores. Honestly, I very rarely go to anyone's eBay stores, though I have browsed a few of yours who post here :-P Anyway, since I am not really drawn to the stores, I am wondering if you really get more traffic or business with a store compared to auction listings. My big avoidance of the stores is that there is usually so much stuff listed that I never have time to sit and look at all of it, or to try to get through it to something specific I am looking for. Maybe that's just me though! Anyhoo.. I don't do prints either because I can't do them myself and the one time I ordered them, they never came. So is a store good for originals? -- Thanks so much for looking! ~ Linda ~ Click here to see my current listings 🙂
Linda
Message 33 of 41
latest reply

Linda... if you just want to offer Originals... it's probably better to just auction them... unless you have quite a few and you'd like to list some with buy-it-now prices in your eBay Store. And... you'll get very little traffic in your eBay Store, unless you promote it in your auctions. :-) -- ~Wendy My eBay Store: Wendy's Whimseys

~ Wendy

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

robertsloan2art
Enthusiast
I'll be starting a store in a month or two, depends when I get caught up and get my printer and also get my Blick order sent off. I've been doing the ACEO blanks and plan to start the store when I have more specialty papers and scratchboard types to offer in it. I need to have the stock to keep it supplied though, and to be able to count on it for paying its monthly fee, so that means taking care of a couple of other things first. -- robertsloan2art -- original ACEO, OSWOA and larger artwork. A big part of life is recognizing that creativity is human. It's not limited to a special Talented few gifted and cursed by the gods to become high-paid superstars
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

I wonder if they will do any special promotions to encourage New Stores?? Wasn't it like a special price for the first month?? I looked, but no promo price right now. Seems like the if the idea of making eBay a place to sell your stuff again is the focus, then those discounts would be great to revisit! 😛 I'll let you guys know if I hear anything about it. Personally, I love having my store! I can't imagine not having one. Granted, I have alot of "stuff" in it. Not just art. I'd think that if you had an inventory on hand, and some items you'd like to list on the high $ side...I think it would be worth a try. -- JDanni
House of Johnson Gifts
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I totally agree with you Danni... I love having a Store too... :-x -- ~Wendy My eBay Store: Wendy's Whimseys

~ Wendy

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

lala15108
Enthusiast
I'm waiting for some special promotion like try the first month free. Means I'll NEVER have a store, hahahahahaha -- Laura View My Auctions Here
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Hey Laura... they usually offer the first month free to members who've never tried a store before... you just have to pay your listing fees... you should go take a look and see if they're running that special now. :-) -- ~Wendy My eBay Store: Wendy's Whimseys

~ Wendy

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

I have a store, and am very happy with it, but it's for a) more valueable items that I am not willing to risk at auction b) 'commodities' - I sell my quilt patterns and note cards at fixed price Takes a lot of aggressive marketing to drive traffic, so unless you have a lot of stuff, might want to stick with auctions - or, you can run fixed price listings outside of a store. Diane
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

danniellerae
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 41
latest reply