cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jim and Unka's Place- Starbuck's Time!Tacked! III

robertsloan2art
Enthusiast
I hate fleas. One of the greatest tragedies of my life was losing an entire litter of kittens to flea bites. Yes, I cared a lot about those little cats. LOL Mary's little lamb had fleas as white as snow, Deb. I almost drew that for the Nursery Rhymes swap. Some parodies are so natural... -- robertsloan2art -- original ACEO, OSWOA and larger artwork. A big part of life is recognizing that creativity is human. It's not limited to a special Talented few gifted and cursed by the gods to become high-paid superstars. Search on Robs Art for all my art listings. -- Edited by kellyscolorstudio at 09/12/2008 7:06 PM PDT -- Edited by kellyscolorstudio at 01/03/2009 7:27 PM PST
Message 1 of 651
latest reply
650 REPLIES 650

Re: Jim and Unka's Place- Starbuck's Time!Tacked! III

I didn't know squirrels spoke navaho. -- ---- DEB ---- Visit my blog at http://artshtickscorner.blogspot.com/
<< DEB >>
Visit My Blog!
Message 496 of 651
latest reply

jmkosm
Enthusiast
joy.... i read your 'me' page...post #482 so sorry about your sister.... thanks for visiting jim and unc's place... jim .
Message 497 of 651
latest reply

bro_kirk
Enthusiast
navaho code talkers ROCK!! super great warriors... thank you code talkers for your service to our country!! ukle
Message 498 of 651
latest reply

ukle, I agree with you re the navaho code talkers; however, if you research, you will find that the Choctaws were the first code talkers. Char
Message 499 of 651
latest reply

They both ROCK!! my best friend and his family are shawnee and they rock too!! -- I am a product of government cheese. Another experiment gone wrong. Mack Buroker
Message 500 of 651
latest reply

I miss being able to see squirrels all the time! I live in an apartment building on the 4th floor and all I see are pigeons that sit on a wire. Pigeons aren't any fun. But squirrels are NUTS! :) PJ
Message 501 of 651
latest reply

lala15108
Enthusiast
Pigeons can be fun if you throw nuts AT them. KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi PJ! -- Laura View My Auctions Here
Message 502 of 651
latest reply

Laura! Never knew you had a sadistic streak! I like it! -- ---- DEB ---- Visit my blog at http://artshtickscorner.blogspot.com/
<< DEB >>
Visit My Blog!
Message 503 of 651
latest reply

bro_kirk
Enthusiast
my hat is off to the choctaw code talkers.. i was unaware of this piece of history.. being navy we all knew of the marine code talkers who were all navajo.. i didnt know that their great service was preceeded by the excellent work of the choctaws.. "In the closing days of World War I, fourteen Choctaw Indian men in the Army's Thirty-Sixth Division, trained to use their language, helped the American Expeditionary Force win several key battles in the Meuse-Argonne Campaign in France, the final big German push of the war. The fourteen Choctaw Code Talkers were Albert Billy, Mitchell Bobb, Victor Brown, Ben Caterby, James Edwards, Tobias Frazer, Ben Hampton, Solomon Louis, Pete Maytubby, Jeff Nelson, Joseph Oklahombi, Robert Taylor, Calvin Wilson, and Walter Veach." i salute them and the other great tribe who served in silent sacrifice.. "1939 to 1945 The Army taps Hopi, Choctaw, Comanche, Kiowa, Winnebago, Seminole, Navajo and Cherokee Americans to use their languages as secret code in World War II. The Marines rely on Navajos to create and memorize a code based on the complex Navajo language." May God Bless them all kirk
Message 504 of 651
latest reply

mazoommzee
Enthusiast
I never knew that - and nor, I expect, do many others. A fascinating insight - thank you Nukle and Char. (Are there any books that give an account of the part they played in the war effort - my husband is an avid reader of history and, in particular, the two world wars?) -- NaBloPoMo: http://aerialarmadillo.blogspot.com
The World was Silent:
http://aerialarmadillo.blogspot.com
Message 505 of 651
latest reply

5thdaystudio
Enthusiast
There is a great movie about this... we have it in our DVD collection "Windtalkers" www.windtalkersthemovie.com/html/index.html -- ~ Liesl ~ eBay Listings
~ Liesl ~
[url http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZ5thdaystudio]eBay Listings[/url]
Message 506 of 651
latest reply

Here is a history challenge someone may be able to help with. The following are pics of my granddad, born in 1898 and served in WWI, was our first quarterback at our local high school. Played for the university of cinncinati. My question is, by looking at his discharge papers. Can someone confirm what division he served in? Gandpa Mack, 2nd from your left (hand on shoulder) football team Grandpa Mack, 2nd shortest basketball team Grandpa Mack in army uniform grandpa army top discharge bottom discharge -- I am a product of government cheese. Another experiment gone wrong. Mack Buroker
Message 507 of 651
latest reply

bro_kirk
Enthusiast
from what i can see on his dicharge papers he inlisted on oct 21 1918 and was discharged on dec 20 1918 and spent his time at the "private student army training corps, at st. havier college... looks like the war ended while he was in training and they sent him home.. thank him in person or in prayers for his service to his country kirk
Message 508 of 651
latest reply

jmkosm
Enthusiast
ditto...
Message 509 of 651
latest reply

wow............................................. -- It's a good thing, I think, to be able to go to bed at night and not regret any of your actions of the day. People will remember the things you say and do long after you're gone.

•:*¨¨*:•.~Kelly~.•:*¨¨*:•.

http://www.kellyscolorstudio.com
Message 510 of 651
latest reply