cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jules Jurgensen & Lejour case backs

Hi all. I have gone through some stuff and found a few watches. Among them are an 80s Jules Jurgensen moon phase watch with original leather strap and a 60s Lejour 17 jewel women's cocktail 10k g.f. with original Kestenmade bracelet strap. 

1. I got the snap back off the JJ, and have tried everything short of buying a tool to close it.  No luck. Tips for snapping the back into place are requested. 

2. The Lejour winds, but doesn't run. I've found a tiny notched tab just where the integrated bracelet attaches but can't get necessary leverage to get it off. I'm afraid of bending/scratching the strap or crystal. 

I'm pretty sure there's no battery in the Lejour, right? It probably needs a service and maybe a demagnetize to get running again? Help and advice appreciated. 

The Lejour:

IMG_20240215_181711.jpg

IMG_20240215_181933~2.jpg

The notch/tab is just above, opposite of the Major co. stamp. Other than that there is no other groove or anything but a flush match between the bezel and case back on the Lejour. 

Screenshot_20240215-163005~3.png

The JJ is a "simple" snap back that just won't. I don't have a picture of the back, but it's pretty straightforward. 

TIA, all! 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is the back of the Jules Jurgensen before I got the case back off.  20220511_132231~2.jpg

20220511_131723~3.jpg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The Lejour:It is a mechanical watch, so you need to find an expert to maintain it. In China, $50 is enough.I don’t know how much it costs in the United States.

jj is an electronic watch, the battery needs to be replaced.There should be tools sale for changing watches on Amazon, but if you don’t know how to use them, it’s better not to buy .Also you should buy the right battery.But if the movement of the electronic watch is broken, all your work will be in vain.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This kind of complicated electronic watch seems to be more troublesome to be repaired.

161343gffp9p911qnn54f9.jpg161400lcgvgcild29w99tk.jpg

https://www.watchlead.com/wbbs/thread-350400-1-1.html

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

lejour might be opened from the front glass cover

Place the back cover of jj in the freezer for 10 minutes, make sure the temperature of the back cover is below -20 degrees, and then press it back quickly

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

the lejour looks like a windup,it has a semi integrated mesh bad on it,that is what the folded clips are doing .you woud have difficulty  selling it for more than $10,its not really worth listing it for anything but parts or restoration.

the JJ quartz moonphase may get you $15 to $40 if its working,the crown has too much stickout now and does not look good. you need to have strong thumbs to press the back on,its possible that the gasket has dislodged and is in the way of getting the back on now, this is common

good luck

@maeday76 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 6
latest reply