Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?!

Deleted or want to delete this post.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

?!

Sorry if this is confusing and hard to understand it is confusing and doesn't make sense to me either

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

?!

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the pending charge on your debit account after an eBay purchase. It can be confusing and worrying when you see charges that you can’t account for. 

When you make a purchase, eBay may place a temporary hold on the funds. This is often seen as a “pending” charge on your account. The purpose of this hold is to ensure that the transaction goes through smoothly and that the funds are available. This is a common practice in online transactions, not just on eBay.

The pending charge you’re seeing could be related to the authorization process. When you make a purchase, your bank temporarily holds the funds until the transaction is fully processed. This is to ensure that the money is available when the merchant finalizes the charge. The initial $350.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

?!

They said it was a temporary hold but thing is I already paid for the order it was already approved and the transaction was already processed amd the money was already taken out of my account,  then they put a temporary hold "pending" charge on my account which has taken an nearly duplicate amount out of my account as well. Why wouldn't they have just put my order transaction on temporary hold instead of letting it get paid and charging me with this pending temporary hold that took money out of my account as well. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

?!

If they wanted to ensure that the transaction would go through smoothly and to know that the funds are available they could've put a temporary hold on my order not add a whole other  charge on my account to place on a temporary hold. This has never happened to me on any other site. Yes other sites will put your order on hold as a pending transaction to ensure you have the funds and to make sure it will transfer over smoothly but never has any other site double charged me and made one of those charges a pending transaction/temporary hold. I've newr made a $100 dollar order from another website and have my account show two transactions, it's always  $100 pending for a short amount of time then it goes through and is taken oit of my accpunt i jave never had a store charge me for $100 order that went through and was approved and went through after short time saying pending and has already been taken out of my account and then charge me another $100 that has been taken out of my account but says pending transaction. No website will charge you $200 on a $100 order then return $100 to you after a temporary hold. They all charge $100 for a $100 order and always says pending for a short amount of time until it's approved then it is actually deducted from your account. It can't be legal to do this. Im pretty sure taking an interest free loan from someone unknowingly or unwillingly for x amount of time especially claiming it as a temporary hold which could take who knows how long but up to 30 days can not be legal. Funny they can put a temporary hold for whatever amount as long as it's close to the amount you've already paid and withdraws money from your account a second time and can take up to a month to repay your money on your account. Sounds like a 30 day interest free loan to me and even though it's my money they are loaning, I have no say so in whether or not they are allowed to take my money and use it so long as it looks like a hold and not a loan... Another funny thing is it's never the same amount as what I've already paid for my order that already was processed and went through. Both times it's been very close to the same amount but is not the exact amount which makes me question the whole borrowing money from me when I'm unwilling. Doesn't make sense

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

?!

@robsi933397 wrote:

They said it was a temporary hold but thing is I already paid for the order it was already approved and the transaction was already processed amd the money was already taken out of my account,  then they put a temporary hold "pending" charge on my account which has taken an nearly duplicate amount out of my account as well. Why wouldn't they have just put my order transaction on temporary hold instead of letting it get paid and charging me with this pending temporary hold that took money out of my account as well. 

The pending charge is not actually taken out of your account, it's just being held.

The hold will be removed once the transaction is complete.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply