cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller : no views or sells ... as of a week ago

Ok Im a new new seller... but I was selling what I did post recently really quickly.. Now its been over a week and I have like 5 total views over my entire store (not many items) over a week... even with all the items being promoted to whatever it was the optimum % was..

Just seems odd...  I mean the items im selling aren't like anything people are going crazy about they sell somewhat  well.. pretty sure my items are all the best prices too.. or close.  ?

idk I just thought was weird... been seeing some posts about this also else where..

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You have 4 items posted, so that doesn't pull in very many buyers.  Post more items.

I am compelled to ask you a question.  Why did you sign up for a Store?  What level of a store did you sign up for?  It is likely a waste of your money at this time.

Your deodorant listing has an error / conflict.  In your ISBs [item specific boxes] you state that it is 3oz, but in your description you say it is 2.75oz.  You will want to correct that to whatever is accurate.

On the Sunscreen products, you don't state the expiration date in the title or your listings.  That is a very important piece of info.

Good Luck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I'm sorry to hear that your items that "sell somewhat well" are not selling well.

This is normal.

Sellers post here at least once a day complaining about slow sales.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@kirclec 

Lots of people are experiencing slow times and sales for many reasons.  It's a common topic here on this forum.  You might want to keep an eye on your prices and perhaps list a few more things, as I only see 4 listings on your site.  Hang in there.

Happy Selling.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

You have 4 listings!  People finding your listings is a random thing,  you need to have 100s of listings to see daily action.  

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

You have 4 items posted, so that doesn't pull in very many buyers.  Post more items.

I am compelled to ask you a question.  Why did you sign up for a Store?  What level of a store did you sign up for?  It is likely a waste of your money at this time.

Your deodorant listing has an error / conflict.  In your ISBs [item specific boxes] you state that it is 3oz, but in your description you say it is 2.75oz.  You will want to correct that to whatever is accurate.

On the Sunscreen products, you don't state the expiration date in the title or your listings.  That is a very important piece of info.

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

It's because eBay sucks. If you've sold anything, you've been lucky.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Many [millions and millions] of sellers do just fine on this site.  Some have troubles selling.  The experience can be different from seller to seller.  That doesn't make the site as a whole a bad place, it only means that some sellers don't find their path to successful selling on the site.  The reason for that can be a variety of things and doesn't necessarily mean the seller did something wrong.  It has to be looked at on a case by case basis.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

And yet, you have 37 listings.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

And yet, you have 37 listings.

And about 80 sales in the past 90 days.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Just because I opine that eBay sucks doesn't mean I won't use it as a tool to sell. eBay used to account for the majority of my sales, now it may be like 25%. 

The traffic here has become so pathetic I just logged into my Amazon selling account that I haven't used in years. I have some NIB items that will likely sell there for a better price and more quickly than it would here. eBay wasn't always this bad.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

there are lot of tips to increase your sales on ebay try them you will get there.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Your sun screen appears to sell very well as a stick, not so well as a lotion.

Your antiperspirant brand has sold 2 in the past 90 days. One for less than you are asking,

They may sell at some point but one cannot predict when.

Did not check your other offerings.

Either list more or learn patience.

Products like these are products which Ebay is losing sales of to Amazon according to Ebay's financial results.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I sold 5 bottles of banana boat sunscreen for 48 dollars and 3 Water filters for 53 dollars both the same day I listed them... Now none of my stuff gets views even when promoted and cheapest option as well as producrs of the same type sold on days mine was listed.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Yeah I sold 8 items (2 auctionss) for about 100 dollars total both sold within 24hours. Now I dontr even get views on promoted items with cheapest anditems of simialr being sold so ppl are buying others idk

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Ah I was never saying the site was bad... I just thought it was odd that everything else I posted sold within 24 hours.. and I only had those  1 items on my store . but since I sold those first items I don't even get views 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply