cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

package stuck in transit for 48 days

I've been waiting for my package for almost 57 days now, it's been transit for about 48 days.. I use paypal to pay for the 180 days

should i be concerned?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Go back to the listing.  Look at the last estimated delivery date as seen there.

Has that date passed by more than a day or two, but less than 30 days? (I suspect it's been longer.)

If you are still within the 30 day window, you can open an item not received case with eBay.

If it's been longer, you can file with Paypal up to 180 days or you can do a charge back on your credit card.

eBay's Money Back Guarantee offers good protection for buyers up to 30 days.  The catch is that all buyers need to read it, understand it and use it in a timely fashion.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Since you're in Indonesia it's entirely possible the longer transit time isn't a concern because of transferring between carriers, customs delays, etc. Above post has good info.

What's the estimated delivery date on the order @genieveatja-0 and when was the last tracking scan? That will tell you if the transit time is cause for concern or not.

If the estimated delivery date passed, you can file an item not received claim with these instructions:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

If you're beyond the 30 day window to file a claim through eBay then you will have to go to PayPal to file a claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Looks like your very first purchase on eBay?

Item purchased on eBay will say "estimated date of delivery"...and you have 30 days to ask for a refund.

I don't know where your item is being delivered from. I assume another country.

Myself selling to Indonesia I have notice the addresses can be very long and confusing to write or even print out.

It is possible there was an error in the address. Just a thought.

Ask the seller where is my package.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

One additional tip @genieveatja-0 :

Put the tracking number into parcelsapp.com and see what it shows you. You may find more info, like a package that's waiting for you to pay customs fees. You'll want to take care of situations like that before the package gets returned to sender because if you fail to pay fees owed you forfeit your right to a refund through eBay for a not received claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Your assumptions about it being longer is very true, I bought the item at 10 august and till now haven't received any updates since 18 august 

i should also probably mention that the shipping hub is at glendale heights which i can understand will take longer but it seems like my package is taking longer than a month 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

ive tried doing that even before this post was made. However it just shows the same 18 august status

i do plan on waiting for another 2 months because from what I've heard the package might start moving unexpectedly, im just not sure if waiting longer for it will get it moving 

the estimated delivery was 12 September. i decided to wait a bit longer because i knew the purchase i made was from the US and most likely would take long.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@genieveatja-0 wrote:

the estimated delivery was 12 September. 

Then you've almost exhausted the eBay MBG window. It's already Oct 5 and you have to file before Oct 12. Better to file through eBay than through a payment dispute later on. eBay tracks payment disputes, as does the payment processor. It should always be a last resort. You're still within the eBay MBG window so use it @genieveatja-0 .

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I would do that if the payment method i was using wasn't PayPal but since its paypal I'd like to give it 2 more months.

I'm not really worried about the money whatsoever I'm just more worried about the package's unmoving status I'd just like to know if i should be worried because of how long it's been in transit.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

You're 3 weeks past estimated delivery: yes, it's a concern the package hasn't arrived yet, and hasn't moved in - what - 7 weeks?

This is an eBay International Shipping package. The refund will come from eBay not the seller. File the INR before the 12th otherwise eBay doesn't know there's an issue. If you wait because of PayPal's long dispute window, eBay may lose the window to file a claim with their carrier for the lost package.

Even if you're refunded through an INR that doesn't mean the package won't turn up eventually. There will be no "stop shipment" just because you're refunded.

For what it's worth: I almost always encourage buyers to wait before filing claims because shipping delays are common. I'm advising you to file a non-receipt claim because of the details: no movement in 7 weeks and already 3 weeks past estimated delivery.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

If indeed the last estimated delivery date as seen in the listing was September 12th, you are seriously on your way to losing your chance to open an item not received case with eBay because eBay gives buyers only 30 days after that last estimated delivery date to open an item not received case.  SO OPEN A CASE NOW.

Plus, you mentioned the EIS address of Glendale Heights, IL.  Is there no evidence at all through tracking in the US that it at least got that far?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Why would you like to give it two more months?  Are you not understanding how this works?

You need to open an INR case before the 12th of October.

Not sure how it's handled since this is an EIS case, but do know that you will be refunded by eBay if necessary.  

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

did you receive your package dude? mine been stuck at pre shipment for 2 months now via usps and Ebay says in transit arriving late since march 3 I wonder if I will ever get it

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

It sounds like you need to file a case with PayPal, but as I recall you are out of luck with eBay if you go past the 30 days mark.  I have had customers that had items show they were delivered that contacted me 60 days later and tell me they did not receive an item.  If it does not show delivered they could dispute it with their credit card company or PayPal, but after 30 days I don't even have a way to offer a refund through the eBay system.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I did not see the buyer was in Indonesia.  The next question I would ask is if they purchased the item through the Global Shipping Program.  If so, then I believe eBay might still cover the issue.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply