cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for a shipping label that I didn't use

I requested a USPS shipping label and then decided to void the label.  I was credited a refund.  Then nearly two months later I was charged again for the label that I didn't use.  I'm at a loss on why I was refunded for the label and two months later charged again for the same label that I never used.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@larandy wrote:

I requested a USPS shipping label and then decided to void the label.  I was credited a refund.  Then nearly two months later I was charged again for the label that I didn't use.  I'm at a loss on why I was refunded for the label and two months later charged again for the same label that I never used.

Hey @larandy! The Shipping team wanted to reach out and share the following:

"Thank you for your report. We are aware of this issue and working with USPS to refund charges for voided labels you did not use. We will be refunding impacted transactions in the coming days and will also send email notifications to sellers who were charged in error. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue quickly." 

Devon,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you purchase it through eBay?  How could you tell it was the one you purchased/voided 2 months ago?  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi @larandy . You voided an unused shipping label, received a refund, and this week you were charged again for the same label. The label was scanned in METRO NY, yes? This is a known issue. It is fraud and USPS is responsible.

Do not waste time contacting eBay or USPS customer service. eBay is already working on this with USPS and has confirmed they will be issuing refunds to impacted sellers. No timeline as of yet. Read more about it here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/I-m-being-charged-by-USPS-for-voided-shipping-label-dating-fr...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@larandy wrote:

Hey @larandy! The Shipping team wanted to reach out and share the following:

"Thank you for your report. We are aware of this issue and working with USPS to refund charges for voided labels you did not use. We will be refunding impacted transactions in the coming days and will also send email notifications to sellers who were charged in error. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue quickly." 

Devon,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Devon,

I had reached out to eBay CS and USPS regarding this issue on my account in March.

eBay CS sent me to USPS through my eBay messages after a phone call. USPS was unable to help.

I never received credit from eBay nor any message notifying me of a correction coming.

Can you help?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply