cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve INAD after the buyer has admitted it's a case of remorse.

I have a INAD return requested, but the buyer has admitted my description was accurate. I listed the item with the manufacturer name in the title, but plainly listed the markings on the item, which did not include a manufacturer name. The buyer expected their to be a manufacturer name somewhere on the item despite my description and photos being very clear about the markings. They've admitted this was their assumption and not a deficiency in my listing. I will accept a return, but insisted that I would not be paying for shipping because of their remorse. They've agreed, but now I'm unclear on how to resolve the return request.

If I choose "Accept the Return", it seems like it will force a full refund plus bill me for return shipping. What other option do I have?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

IMO you have to accept the return and the consequences.

You made a manufacturer attribution, which may or may not be correct. Ebay is not going to decide whether it is correct. If the buyer says INAD  Ebay will give him his refund and let him keep the item if you do not accept.

The factual information you have provided in the listing does not affect your attribution.

Many of us make attributions in our listings, and will be in the same situation if the buyer claims INAD. We count on our buyers wanting to keep the item to avoid the costs associated with a return.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

None.

Because the buyer filed "not as described" you pay shipping. 

Doesnt matter that the buyer now says it is a remorse return.

Because you do not accept returns - the buyer filed a INAD and you have 2 choices 

refund in full and let them keep it or send them the return label and refund when you get the item back.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

When the buyers files an INAD, you have a couple options.

Refund and let them keep the item.

Accept the return, pay return shipping and give a full refund when something is returned.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You'll be paying return shipping no mattered what was agreed upon; that's the nature of an item not as described case. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: