cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't received my refund.

I bought an item from a seller that was a scammer (never sent the item).  I did all the steps that E-bay told me to do and it says my payment has been refunded, but it's been about two weeks and I don't see the refund in my PayPal or bank account. How long does it take to see the money?  If it says the orders been fully refunded on your purchase history is that verified by E-bay or is that just the seller saying he refunded it?  Is there an E-mail or a phone number I can contact E-bay with?  All I get when I click help are automated articles. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@pistonsd01 wrote:

I bought an item from a seller that was a scammer (never sent the item). 

E-bay told me

my payment has been refunded, but it's been about two weeks and I don't see the refund in my PayPal

Get your refund as quickly as possible @pistonsd01 instead of pursuing eBay or the seller:

1. File an Item Not Received dispute with PayPal at this link.

2. Without delay, go back to the dispute and click Escalate to PayPal.

3. If the seller contacts you now, don't respond; just wait for your automatic refund.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

When the seller cancels eBay automatically makes the refund.  Was the PayPal payment  funded by your credit card? If so it goes back to the card and can take a couple of days to a whole billing period to show up on your credit card statement.  You should wait for it to process if that's how you paid. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That's bad advice.  The buyer would be double dipping to file a claim through PayPal that eBay already refunded.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The PayPal was funded through a checking account.  I don't see the payment in my PayPal activity but it's still there on my bank activity. I guess I'll wait to see if it's still processing.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi please II have a similar issue. made a payment on the 6th for a camera and the seller canceled the order and refunded as I can see on eBay notice. It's about 3 weeks now and I can't find the money in the card I used for the purchase.  My bank customer service said I should ask for the reference number from the seller but the seller is no longer responding. Is it safe to be patient as the purchase was made outside the US?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hello, I am also having the same issue regarding this problem. The seller had issued me a full-on refund that Ebay had said it was "REFUNDED" however, i have still NOT gotten the payment yet after nearly a week. Is there any solution towards this issue?? Please do reply if i should be concerned upon this problem or just wait until it arrives as i am using bank transfer for payment.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: