cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require payment on Buy It Now setting disappearing

The check box for require payment has disappeared on some listings, and they are defaulting to require payment. These are not new listings.

Makes it impossible to invoice multiple item orders.

Have attempted to use business policy to disable the require payment.

No response from the buyer who is trying to buy.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If you're not using business policies, you should see the option to enable/disable IPR (immediate payment required) at the listing level.

If you are using business policies, you can check or uncheck the IPR requirement on your payments policy, then assign that policy to your listings. Manage policies here: https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

Is it possible your buyer is trying to submit an offer and running into the auto-pay requirement for offers? That setting can be turned on or off here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Not sure where you're getting stuck, but can probably help if you provide more info.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Had not been using business policies.

Revised these listings to use business policy, they are the only listings using business policies.

Other listings have not been damaged by Ebay yet.

I do not relish having to modify 4k+ listings to use business policies.

Amazingly an EIS order just came through with combined shipping for 3 items.

I also do not have the preference setting available to control make an offer or auction payments. I did when I previously checked.

I think that the make an offer and auction payments were implemented hastily without any thought before or after the programmers were involved. After all that is typical of internet companies.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Revised these listings to use business policy, they are the only listings using business policies.

Hmm ... that's not possible @tobaccocardyahoo . Biz policies are all or none. You're either opted in or opted out.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Buyers could buy and request an invoice as recently as Tuesday and none of my listings were edited since then.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Hmm ... that's not possible @tobaccocardyahoo . Biz policies are all or none. You're either opted in or opted out.

@wastingtime101 

When you revise to set business policies, Ebay displays the number of listings which use that policy.

It displays 5 which were the ones I modified. It might not be possible but Ebay creates the impression it is.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

OK, so 5 listings are using that payments policy @tobaccocardyahoo . But all of your other listings are tied to other policies. Hope that makes sense.

If you'd like to continue with biz policies I'm happy to offer some tips on getting them set up in a way that makes a lot more sense than the mess created by eBay on sign up. Just let me know - drop a PM. I realize you have a lot of listings, and I think that's why biz policies would be a huge asset to your business, once you get them set up properly. 🙂

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@wastingtime101 There are no other business policies.

Ebay scootched the pouch again, and broke what worked.

There is now another seller caught

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Conbined-shipping-cost/m-p/34219747#M2338230

Ironically, a buyer just succeeded in placing a combined EIS order. Only thing wrong was I needed to refund part of the domestic shipping.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

There are no other business policies.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see on this page @tobaccocardyahoo ?

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

tobaccocardyahoo_0-1704998971772.png

@wastingtime101 

Thanks for your help.

I am not a newbie. Something has changed.

There is no payment policy which requires payment on BIN.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

That is really strange. Must be a tech error.

Hey devon@ebay kyle@ebay - per the above screenshot, OP has biz policies applied to 6 listings, but not their other 4,500+ listings. I've never seen anything like that. Can you offer any insight here?

If you're willing @tobaccocardyahoo , I'd suggest leaving as-is for now so eBay can take a look at it. If this is a tech error as I suspect, they will need examples and impacted accounts.

But if the sale is more important you can opt out of biz policies.

Which are the 6 listings? I'm happy to add them to my cart and see if I can request a total or not. If it works for me, then hopefully it will work for your buyer.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I am leaving it. The buyer is willing to buy and accept a refund if the business policy change did not work.

When things are being broken, I tend to back off , I am hopeful that whoever has broken things will realize what they did and fix it.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Keep me posted.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for other odd biz policy posts. The thread you linked above was a separate issue.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Keep me posted.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for other odd biz policy posts. The thread you linked above was a separate issue.

I think it could be the same issue that triggered their post.

His symptoms are what sent me down the business policy rat hole.

I found another listing which no longer has a check box for immediate payment, and does not allow me to select a business policy.

This area is clearly under destruction.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

That is really strange. Must be a tech error.

Hey devon@ebay kyle@ebay - per the above screenshot, OP has biz policies applied to 6 listings, but not their other 4,500+ listings. I've never seen anything like that. Can you offer any insight here?

If you're willing @tobaccocardyahoo , I'd suggest leaving as-is for now so eBay can take a look at it. If this is a tech error as I suspect, they will need examples and impacted accounts.

But if the sale is more important you can opt out of biz policies.

Which are the 6 listings? I'm happy to add them to my cart and see if I can request a total or not. If it works for me, then hopefully it will work for your buyer.

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for bringing this to our attention.  As far as I've always understood, you are right that the system shouldn't be allowing only some of these listings to be applied to business policies.  I've passed this info on to the proper teams, and we'll be sure to forward any updates we get. 

Kyle,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply