cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to recent events,

Will eBay terminate listings of products that promote lies and conspiracy theories in which incited the attempted coup by Trump and company?

I know "all" here, are in their own little eBay world, but I think it's a question worthy of asking. After all, we are "all" in the real world, together; no One can escape reality; eBay isn't a world of its own privilege... Just asking.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Due to recent events,

Unless a listing specifically is prohibited or restricted and  violates one of eBay's policies they will remain available for purchase.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Due to recent events,

I think your response has bought about a worthy prospective, meaning, by eBay's  written policies of prohibited and restricted items, the issue is surely debatable. Like in; such as, items that can be deemed as a danger to the well being and safety of people. Examples: a t-shirts that states "Trump" stop the steal, "  well, that phrase is a lie, it is propaganda.

And, I don't think I need to go any further to explain what lies and propaganda lead to.

So, your response makes sense and; is worthy of more thought and debate.

Thank you

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Due to recent events,

Just want to add a note:

If eBay is fine with peddling propaganda that can leads to anarchy, then it'd be a reasonable thought: eBay is part of that in which led to such strife.

Does eBsy wanna be part of the problem or do they wanna be part of the solution?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Due to recent events,

A small follow up:

Interesting news article, see link below, will follow suit:

https://news.trust.org/item/20210111144455-ds1yt

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Due to recent events,

Correction to follow up post: will eBay follow suit?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Due to recent events,

Just curious as to why you think a company or anyone else in the world including you would have the right to say what's acceptable to be printed on a tshirt? Furthermore if like you stated that the words "Trump2020 stop the steal" is mentally harmful to others then please seek help as you're the only one who is hurt by this and also it's only propaganda when it's coming from the people who are in power and not by a regular citizen. It's a personal right for a US citizen to be able to say what they want on a shirt whether you like it or not. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply