cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam

On 8/23/23 I purchased a doll from a seller believing it would be delivered on 8/28/23 as the eBay notice said at the time. When it didn't arrive I complained to him and he replied that he had bought a doll on PRE-SALE and that he would receive it in November/23. After that month I asked him again and he told me that Amazon would deliver it on 3/2/24. I wrote to him in February, March and April claiming that he never delivered the article to me and he told me that he couldn't because Ebay did not allow him to access my address, which is why he had not sent it and he asked me to write it on a piece of paper and take a photo and send it to you, which I did and sent it to you. Since then he has not responded to my messages. I paid a high price for that doll, $144.45 dollars. I tried to report it on Ebay, open a claim or report it, but since time has passed I can't.
I can't leave you a negative comment either.
I lost hope of getting the money back or having the item I purchased delivered to me, but I would like it not to happen to another buyer. Can you help me, please.
Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

scam

@pauline.muriel 

If you placed an order on August 23, 2023, it is well beyond the 30 days which eBay allows for opening an "item not received" claim.

Additionally, you are well over the 180 days claim period which is allowed by most (if not all) credit card companies, as well as PayPal.

There really is nothing that eBay can do to assist you, and your money is unfortunately gone.

You should reacquaint yourself with the eBay Money Back Guarantee for buyers:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

scam

@pauline.muriel 

If you placed an order on August 23, 2023, it is well beyond the 30 days which eBay allows for opening an "item not received" claim.

Additionally, you are well over the 180 days claim period which is allowed by most (if not all) credit card companies, as well as PayPal.

There really is nothing that eBay can do to assist you, and your money is unfortunately gone.

You should reacquaint yourself with the eBay Money Back Guarantee for buyers:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

scam

In the future, one the estimated delivery date has passed, you need to go back to the order and file a claim for INR (item not received). 

Although it's been nearly 8 months, you have nothing to lose by trying to file a chargeback with your c.c. company. The worst they can do is deny it but you'll be no worse off than you are now.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

scam

eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers offers very good protection for buyers if/when a transaction goes wrong.  The catch is that ALL buyers need to read it, understand it and use it in a timely fashion; otherwise, it's useless.

You had 30 days after the estimated delivery date to open an item not received case.  You also had 180 days to open a case with Paypal if that's how you paid.  Credit cards give varying lengths of time to do that also.

An somewhat intrigued by your seller's suggestion that you write your address on a piece of paper, take a photo, and send it to ????  Where would you have sent it? These Boards are composed of fellow eBayers who volunteer our time here to help  others.  We have no address for you to mail to.

Am sorry this happened to you, it's an expensive lesson, that's for sure.

If you plan on shopping on eBay, may I suggest you read the MBG? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

scam

I understand the point. The issue is what is done in the case of purchasing in PRE-SALE, since delivery depends on when the item goes on the market and how in this case do I exceed 30 days? In any case, Ebay should not allow them since after 30 days they cannot be reported. I explain?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

scam

I understand the point. The issue is what is done in the case of purchasing in PRE-SALE, since delivery depends on when the item goes on the market and how in this case do I exceed 30 days? In any case, Ebay should not allow them since after 30 days they cannot be reported. I explain?
What's more, the order appears UNDELIVERED, but the section to request a return or report the seller is not activated, precisely because of the time that has passed.
Now, if Ebay wanted to, he could do something with the items that were never delivered and listed that way on the dashboard.
Beyond the issues and the time that Ebay sets to make claims, for these cases that are easy to verify through the panel, exceptions should be made or at least the buyer should have the possibility of expressing what happened and that he did not be it through a forum.
Thans!!!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

scam

The seller asked me to send the photo to him by message through Ebay and so I did. All of this is also easy for Ebay to verify if it were to enter the messages in my panel because I have all the conversations saved.
I admit my mistake, I am from Argentina, I buy what I need and I send it to a warehouse in Miami and then they send it to me, I use Google Translate because I do not speak English, and although I read the rules, and until this purchase I had never had problems with any seller, I thought that when buying in PRE-SALE, if the merchandise appears as not delivered on the panel, I could have the possibility of expressing it.
I think that Ebay should not allow selling in PRE-SALE, there are many ads like that.
Thanks for your time

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

scam

@pauline.muriel 

" The issue is what is done in the case of purchasing in PRE-SALE, since delivery depends on when the item goes on the market and how in this case do I exceed 30 days? In any case, Ebay should not allow them since after 30 days they cannot be reported. "

Unfortunately, it is totally impossible, as well as unrealistic, to expect eBay to review each and every  one of the tens of thousands of listings which sellers initiate on a daily basis, in order to exclude "pre-order" listings which MAY go wrong.

Think about it for a minute:  How is ANYONE to know in advance which "pre-order" item will not ship?

As several have pointed out previously, the buyer's only protection in this case is the eBay Money Back Guarantee:  if the item is not received by 30 days after the estimated delivery date, the buyer should open up an "item not received" case -- no matter WHAT additional promises may have been made by the seller.

Unfortunately, your seller deliberately lied to you on several occasions after the estimated delivery date had expired -- and there is a good likelihood that your seller did this purposefully, in order to keep your money.

That's why it's so important for eBay buyers to read and understand the eBay Money Back Guarantee; but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done after 8 months.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

scam

@pauline.muriel 

Here is eBay’s help page about presale items. 
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-policy?id=4252&st=3&pos=1&query=Presale%...

This is the first paragraph-

Presale listings must clearly state that they are "presale" in the title and description, and guarantee shipment within 40 business days of purchase.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply