cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I? Small 1980's die-cast figure

Small die-cast figure is about 2 3/4" tall, a bit shorter than the Star Wars or GI Joe guys. Is this from a series or collection? She looks like a comic book character. There is writing on the leg but it's teeny. I tried to get a good pic but no luck. Looks like (C)1981 ???? Co, Made in Hong Kong. Anybody recognize her?

20230131_182640.jpg20230131_192414.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@annadryl,

Can you make out what it says after the copyright symbol?  If you can make out the Mfr's., studio's, or character name, that may give you a place to start.  Because of the heavy paint seeming to cover that info, you can try placing a small piece of paper over that and rubbing it with a pencil the letters may show up then.  Good luck.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I can kind of make out "MEGO" now, it is kind of covered (and my eyes are bad) after that is a triangle and a P. Just curious what that is?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@annadryl,

I think your reply to me should have been directed at @toysaver .   

I'm no spring chicken,  but have several different sized magnifying glasses around the house,  and even one in my car, in case I run across a Garage sale. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps get a better camera. Don't use a worthless cellphone but at least a semi pro crop frame camera, or better yet, a full frame camera.

You need better lighting. I am guessing this was shot indoors. Items shot indoors in low light will be blurry and grainy. Too much light, such as using a flash, and areas will be washed out.

Try taking some shots outdoors in natural light on the shaded side of a building.

If your camera does not have auto focus then the minor shaking in your hands will cause a blurred photo. You may need to use a remote switch or timer to trigger the camera so your minor hand movements are not a factor.

Even my nearly 20 year old Canon Rebel with its 18-55mm kit lens can take far better photos than that. The text should be completely clear. I've used a macro attachment and remote to take pictures of very tiny text that was printed less than 1/32" tall, so small you could not read it with your naked eye. After taking a closeup with a macro lens attachment it was several inches tall and you could make out what letters the tiny dots of ink were forming on the curved metal surface.

Not ideal to place a quarter next to this item. You camera focal sensors may focus on the quarter and leave the figure out of focus or vice versa. The small different in height is all that it takes. Better to simply measure the figure using a plastic ruler and enter the height as text in the description.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply