cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOLEN SPORTSCARD COLLECTION (CHILDRENS COLLEGE FUND) DERRICK WHITE, LONNIE WALKER AUTO ROOKIES

HELLO FELLOW COLLECTOR

I HAD A TON OF DERRICK WHITE AUTO/ROOKIES... I AM/WAS THE TOP SUPER COLLECTOR FOR YEARS...I STARTED COLLECTING HIS ROOKIE YEAR... I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING HIM SINCE COLLEGE IN COLORADO. I USED TO LIVE IN TEXAS, NEAR SAN MARCOS/SAN ANTONIO, I AM BACK IN COLORADO NOW.

I WAS ALSO A SUPER COLLECTOR FOR LONNIE WALKER TONS OF AUTO/ROOKIES

SUPER RARE ONES, FLAWLESS, NATIONAL TREASURES, JERSEY NUMBERS, 1/1'S ETC

I ALSO HAD SOME RARE MO BAMBA AUTO ROOKIES

I BELIEVE THE THIEF HAS SENT MANY OF MY CARDS TO SEVERAL EBAY SELLERS/CONSIGNORS

PLEASE!! - CONTACT ME IF ANYONE SENDS YOU/ CONTACTS YOU ABOUT BUYING/ CONSIGNING/ SELLING :

DERRICK WHITE AUTO'S/ROOKIES, ETC
LONNIE WALKER - SAME
MO BAMBA - SAME
AND/OR
LEBRON JAMES ROOKIES

AUTO ROOKIES, RARE ONES, BULK ETC.

I BELIEVE I HAVE IDENTIFIED SEVERAL OF MY RARE DERRICK WHITE AUTO ROOKIES - STOLEN - SOLD / CONSIGNED TO YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP!!!

PLEASE HELP ME CATCH THE THIEF WHO STOLE MY CHILDREN'S CARD COLLECTIONS!!!

PLEASE DO NOT TELL THE PERSON WHO STOLE MY CARDS AND IS SENDING THEM TO CONSIGNORS ON EBAY

APPEARS HE IS ALSO USING FAKE ADDRESSES TO SHIP FROM!!!

BUT SHOULD BE COMING OUT OF THE SAN MARCOS, SAN ANTONIO, AMARILLO, AND PAMPA TX MOST LIKELY HOWEVER I HAVE FOUND SOME OF MY CARDS LISTED AT SHOPS IN COLORADO, ARKANSAS, AND TEXAS

CONSIGNORS IN TEXAS, COLORADO, CALIFORNIA, ILLINOIS, ETC HAVE LISTED SOME OF MY CARDS AS WELL

PLEASE HELP CATCH THIS THEIF!!!!!!!!!!

CARD THIEFS MAKE EBAY LOOK BAD & RUIN THE HOBBY FOR THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY ENJOY COLLECTING SPORTS CARDS - I'VE BEEN COLLECTING FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND HAD SAVED THOSE CARDS FOR MY (4) DAUGHTERS SO I CAN PUT THEM THROUGH COLLEGE AND GIVE THEM A BETTER LIFE

PLEASE HELP - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

STOLEN SPORTSCARD COLLECTION (CHILDRENS COLLEGE FUND) DERRICK WHITE, LONNIE WALKER AUTO ROOKIES

@jkfreedo_92,

I know several sellers who have been collecting sports cards since the 1950s, and I am sure there are many, many more who have been collectors for years. Many probably have been downsizing since sports cards suddenly became wildly popular once again during the Covid lockdowns.  The chances of you having a lock on the market of their rookie cards, for the players you named is nill, given the status of those players.  Unless the cards you owned were slabbed and had authentication numbers which you recorded, you have no way of PROVING any card listed on ebay is one of your collection. If you did have the proof, you would still need a Police report listing the stolen cards in order to get ebay to pull the listings.  eBay could run into serious legal problems by removing listings from sellers, just on a person's say so, without absolute proof of them being stolen cards.

Only about 1% of ebay members visit these boards at all. The percentage of people who read the  specialty boards is a tiny fraction of that 1%, and it is doubtful they will report the cards mentioned to you, since you cannot prove the cards listed on the site are/were yours.

You have posted the same topic on 3 boards, which violates ebay's board spamming policy.  You also double posted the topic twice on this board. You can go to the other one without replies, click on it and in the upper right you will see a circle with a down arrow in it. Click on that and scroll down to Report inappropriate content.  In the text box write, "I accidentally posted my topic twice, please remove this one".   A moderator will do that for you.

As for saving collections as a way to pay for education or providing an inheritance for family. Do keep in mind that eventually they may lose value. It is true of comic books, sports cards, movie memorabilia, toys etc.. 

If you do collect things that will hold value, you should insure them, which does involve providing purchase prices, and photographs of each item. That should be updated and provided to your home owner's insurance provider quarterly.  Then you would at least have some protection against theft or loss due to fire, or natural disaster. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I would never accuse anyone else of theft based on the internet claims of another.  Sports cards are mass produced and athletes have regular events where they provide autographs.  This was your hobby, something you enjoyed for 30 years, not a sacrifice like a second job shoveling coal.  Local police and insurance agents are equipped to handle this situation.  EBay sellers are not vigilante thugs working outside the law. 

By the way I have never even heard of Derrick White, Lonnie Walker or Mo Bamba...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply