cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Cookin'? Share Your MENU Suggestions, Recipes, Pix & More!

@wastingtime101 

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

@mr_lincoln 

@evry1nositswindy 

@7794heather 

@jewelbiz 

@buyselljack2016 

@policequilts 

@lakefor94 

Wasting asked me the other day why we do not chat more about FOOD like we used to??

No clue, but as you know, I am ALL about PIE!  Food in general interests me.  LOL

Please share what is on the MENU, your FAV recipes, meal ideas and of course, PIX!

Tonight here was 2-meat lasagna and garlic bread.  I cheated and did the Rao's frozen lasagna (it was great, btw) and GV frozen garlic breadsticks and it was the perfect comfort food for a COLD winter night.

What's cookin' at your house??

Katz

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Yeah, last year everyone was posting their dinners, comfort foods, bakes, etc. Always had me looking forward to the end of the work day and thinking about dinner. haha

Tonight was leftover stir fry and some butternut squash soup (had soup in the freezer) to round things out.

After all the snow pics on the other thread I finally made cocoa. Small cup, no marshmallows - Jack & PQ will probably disapprove.

Just finished logging new inventory. Sick of this screen, calling it quits for the night. Couple days behind on other thread, will have to catch up another day. Time to see what's streaming and chill for a while.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 72
latest reply

Totchos! Take everything you would normally dip your chips in and dump it over tater tots. Melted nacho cheese, taco meat, veggies, salsa, whatever. Guaranteed to satisfy picky kids and grumpy old people alike!

Message 3 of 72
latest reply

Gee!  I live 4 blocks from Trader Joe’s & don’t do all that much cooking anymore!

Pix yesterday morning 7:03 AMPix yesterday morning 7:03 AM

Message 4 of 72
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

After all the snow pics on the other thread I finally made cocoa. Small cup, no marshmallows - Jack & PQ will probably disapprove.

Oh Oh

Is there a marshmallow shortage,

or do we need a marshmallow police

or  a piece of peppermint thrown into the hot cocoa is good too.

Message 5 of 72
latest reply

Only $3.99…I used to make salads 🥗 4CDD5F1C-4B76-45CD-B912-7DE685F1C316.jpegyou could die for but now just go buy a delicious one…

Message 6 of 72
latest reply

Fun thread yet again @katzrul15 .  As you know, I do a lot of baking and cooking.  Some recipes are secret though!  Here is a very versatile recipe that's a go to in our house:

Spaghetti Pie

1/2 pound spaghetti, cooked (thin or regular)

2 large eggs (1 works fine too)

15 ounces ricotta cheese

3/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)

1 cup marinara sauce (out of the jar is fine)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon white pepper

(I add chopped spinach, basil, oregano, chopped mushrooms, chopped onions, garlic)

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Grease 9" pie plate.  In large bowl, beat eggs.  Stir in ricotta, salt, pepper and Parmesan until blended.  Add spaghetti and stir until well-coated.  Put in pie plate and top with marinara.  Sprinkle with mozzarella.  Bake 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.  Let sit 10 minutes before cutting (like a pie!).

I have substituted pesto for the marinara when I have a bumper crop of parsley and basil.  I have also used alfredo and it is dreamy!   You can add in so many things:  spinach, basil, oregano, mushrooms, onions, garlic, ground beef, chicken.  They will incorporate into the mixture just fine. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 72
latest reply

Steamed (snow) Crab Legs:  I have been making these for years when we can get them at a good price.  They are so easy to make ... 

-Keep the crab legs frozen until they are ready to go in the steamer

-For the steamer I use spring water and a good pinch of Sea Salt 

-Once the steamer is steaming put the frozen crab legs in, put the lid on the steamer and set timer for 6 minutes.  This does not over cook them and the meat typically pulls right out of the cracked shells

We love seafood and I worked at a seafood restaurant years ago as a bus boy but picked up some tips for cooking seafood there.  I also enjoy making whole Maine lobster (have had this shipped in occasionally), sea scallops (those are the big ones, Bay scallops are the small ones), shrimp.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 72
latest reply

Dinner at @mr_lincoln house!!!

Message 9 of 72
latest reply

@policequilts   You guys and your marshmallows!  I haven't had one since I was a kid, so somebody can have my share!   I'm not sure why marshmallows are needed for an already sweet drink.  As a kid, I used to dip my buttered toast in my cocoa.  The saltiness of the butter was perfect in the sweet drink.  That's too sweet for me now and I drink black coffee or bouillon to warm up.

Message 10 of 72
latest reply

@policequilts wrote:

No, I just hate marshmallows.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 72
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@policequilts wrote:

No, I just hate marshmallows.

Even the marshmallow peeps ? ?

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

@policequilts   You guys and your marshmallows!  I haven't had one since I was a kid, so somebody can have my share!   I'm not sure why marshmallows are needed for an already sweet drink.  As a kid, I used to dip my buttered toast in my cocoa.  The saltiness of the butter was perfect in the sweet drink.  That's too sweet for me now and I drink black coffee or bouillon to warm up.

No toast , but buttered bread or saltines to dip in hot chocolate.

I did make the layered apple sauce and graham treat.

Message 13 of 72
latest reply

@policequilts wrote:

Even the marshmallow peeps ? ?

Especially those.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 72
latest reply

Yes, I am lurking.

Somebody said food

Message 15 of 72
latest reply